kdx200mx17

Aug 30, 2005
my kdx has been sitting for couple months with no oil or gas, filled her up today and she ran, took a couple kicks. I noticed when I started it, looked in the oil window and the oil turned a cloudy color, after I put her away, went and looked at the window and it was normal, is this normal?She was smoking a little to much, but probally was burning off excess oil... whats a good way to clean the exaust? get all that crap outa ther. she idles very good too

KDXMAC

Sep 13, 2004
sounds like water in the oil..............pump seal or head gasket. Bets you check it out as water and oil are not good friends

kdx200mx17

Aug 30, 2005
yea Im goin to check it out before it gets anymore riding. My engine smokes, towards the exaust where it comes outa the engine and seems to seap out near where youd take the top end off.Its done it since the day I bought it, but it rruns fine, do you think maybe the gasket is torn? not sealed right?

kdx200mx17

Aug 30, 2005
also, can I use permatex form-a-gasket for the head gasket, instead of buying one, thats what I used on my clutch cover and it holds up real well.

ridejunky

Dec 6, 2005
I would buy a head gasket because you don't want the sealant to get into the coolant passages and also you may have compression issues. I think new O rings for you pipe will stop the smoke and if your oil returns to normal in your site glass after you let her rest, it's probably just tiny air bubbles or froth from the action of the tranny gears. Mine will do that too and the oil is still good when when I change it

KDXMAC

Sep 13, 2004
head gaskets are metal not fibre, so you will need a new one. The stuff you used on the cluch cover is fine but defintaly won't work on the head. As ridejunky said new o-ring and propably a good scrub should stop the smoke out front.

kdx200mx17

Aug 30, 2005
Thanks for the reply's guys, Im taking off my exaust anyways to clean it out and, the outside of the pipe is rusty so Ill take it into shop and wirebrush it clean and repaint it.Also order some o-rings tonite and a new head gasket.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom