5Hundo

Jan 9, 2002
I am 6'4" 220 lbs. I ride a 2000 CR500. I need more room, I purchased lo boy pegs from fastway performance, I have more leg room now, but When I stand up I am hunched over too far. I am thinking about getting bar risers, are they durable? and what brand? Also I am going to have some work done to the forks, setup for my weight, and the type of riding I do (trailriding N.W. Oregon, and S.W. Washington). Any info. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Luft

Dec 24, 2002
You might try Emig Racing for risers or even a triple clamp that moves the bars up and forward. Renthal may still have the Jimmy Button bend which is a taller bar as well. Here's something interesting though. Travis P. and David V. run lower bars and ride with a forward and hunched over style. Keeping the head overs the clamps in the attack postion with weight evenly distributed to the bars and pegs will keep you balanced. You might try bending your knees a little and dropping down lower to reduce you center of gravity. You migth consider working with spring rates and oil heights to get the feel you like. You might experiment with rear sag as taller riders may like a little less sag so the bike sits a little taller in the back.

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
Triple clamp with tall bar mounts and adjustable mounting.

The Carmichael bend is the tallest and straightest bend, which pulls you forward. The Button bend is taller but has a lot of sweep.

Tall seat foam makes the sitting/standing transition easier too.

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
Thumper Racing bar risers - I can't ride w/o them. I have the +1.5" versions on my '99 WR and the +1" versions on my KX - both are the bolt on versions. I've had no trouble whatsoever with them.

I'm 6'4" as well. I tried the homemade lowboy pegs on my WR and went back to the stock pegs because I felt like I was dragging my toes. The only time I've hit a rock with my toes was with the lowered pegs.

Brian

Top Bottom