Todd T

Jun 7, 2001
I need to use my enclosed trailer for work. I used to have two ATK bike shoes mounted to a 3/4" sheet of plywood. I could swap it from the truck bed to the trailer. But, the plywood is really heavy and hard to maneuver.

Any suggestions for a quick mount system in the trailer?

What about an alum. frame that could be swapped from the trailer to the truck when necessary?

Thanks in advance.

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
I wanted to use bike shoes also in my enclosed also, but went with quick release chocks instead. I wanted to be able to remove the bikes and put down a matress so to sleep in the trailer at night as well as use the trailer for hauling work tools and material. I also went with chocks because the shoes don't work on my Harley.
I still have been thinking of a flush mount bike shoe mount, just not sure how to make it work either...

TVRider

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 29, 2002
Todd,

Is the plywood in the truckbed secured to the floor? What keeps it from going anywhere? Anybody else use the bike shoes in a truck bed? How do you mount them in the bed?

Tommy

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
I'm not sure what you mean by bike "shoes" but I have the round tube "chocks" mounted to a chunk of plywood that I can swap back and forth from the trailer to the truck bed.

Todd - just how big is this piece of plywood that makes it so heavy and hard to maneuver? Mine is 2' x 4' and I can pick it up with one hand.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
I wanted the floor of my trailer clear for other uses. I opted to go with putting recessed D-Rings in the floor and then securing the bikes on a stand with turnbuckles to the footpegs. I think it was WaltCmoto that I got the idea from. It works easy as can be and the bikes never move. Another advantage is no tie downs and the suspension isn't compressed during travel.

Top Bottom