Clutch

Jul 7, 1999
Half the battle when working on my bike is keeping the thing from falling over. I'm using a bike "stand" right now, but I want a secure lift with wheels on it. Has anyone used Craftsman's jack for motorcycles? It's $99. The highest the jack goes is 16 1/2 inches. I took a tape measure to the bottom of my KDX's frame, and it was only slightly lower than that.

I also remember something called "Moto Mite" which used a Hi-Lift jack for 4x4s, but Google turned up nothing.

Knobbyjake

~SPONSOR~
Jan 29, 2000
I have a Larin model stand that looks just like the Sears. Mine goes up to 18". It works pretty good, the supports are a little far apart, but no problem. If you put a couple tiedowns from the bike to the stand you can wheel it around the garage. If you go to the KDX forum welcome page then click on Tech tips, then look in the "General" column on the far right then click "Build a foot lift". If you are able to fabricate things and have a welder it's a nice, easy to build stand that works really well. :thumb:

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
I built one of those. Use hardend steel bolts, not cheapos like I did. One of the bolts I used broke and I found the bike laying on it's side on the garage floor one day. Other than that, the stand is great and can hold my bike up to allow me to remove both wheels and the front forks without any problem. With the new bolts, it will even hold the bike with me sitting on it.

tedkxkdx

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 6, 2003
I bought an old office chair, the kind that raise up and down with a nudge of a lever. The seat cushion(now a knee rest) and arm rests got chopped off and a sturdy thickness of plywood was bolted to the seat cushion mounting point. If I want to take both ends off I use tiedowns to ensure it does not tip forward or backward. Since it is an office chair, it has wheels.
Cheap and effective for three years now.

Top Bottom