Bike won't idle

crack

Apr 19, 2003
I have a 1991 cr 125. When I first start the bike it idles fine but once it gets warmed up it dies unless I give it gas. I've tried ajusting the idle but it doesn't help at all.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could try?
Thanks

cr25096er

Apr 16, 2002
sounds like the pilot jet is to rich. try backing out the air screw a bit and see if it helps.

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
Also could be drawing air from reed cage or even the mag-side crank seal. It would probably idle when the engine is cold, but be running too lean when warm. Just a thought...

atc3434`

~SPONSOR~
Nov 1, 2001
Do a search, lots of info to be had. Check out Eric Gorr's Jetting Guide. You'll find it if you search.

Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
you did turn the idle screw "in" to make it idle? when i first got my bike, i thought you turned it out. stupid me...

Bricks88

Sponsoring Member
Mar 14, 2002
Go buy a can of carb cleaner, take off the float bowl and shoot it through every passage you see.The passages are very small and it doesnt take much dirt or varnish to clog them up. Buy some Rolaids also because what you see whats in the bottom of the float bowl might make you sick :scream: Carb work is simple if you understand how they work.Air rushing by draws fuel from the float bowl up through small precise passages.If the passage is clogged no fuel is supplied to the engine.This is a cheap check and might not be your engines problem but carb cleaner costs 3.00 Good luck By the way you have to hold the throttle open while turning the idle adjust screw in because the idle screw just holds the slide up.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…