FLAWLESS

Jul 30, 2002
Guys,
as above. Bike konked out, I knew it wasn't running well as it has been pulsing(surging) when off throttle especially after a hard ride. Then I was noticing that when the fuel tap was on fuel was pissing out the overflow. The bike would start for a sec then die!!!

I pulled apart the carby, knocked the float pin out, blew arit thru everything cleaned it, and it has not fixed anything??

Help ???????

FLAWLESS

Jul 30, 2002
Thanks mate..
Its for a 88 kdx200, what makes you think it could be the reeds??
How can I adjust the float level??

Thanks

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
try doing a search, lots of info on this site if you take the time to look for it

sounds like your needle valve might be the problem, could need replacing or just a good cleaning, the valve seat may need a little light sanding too

I reccomend soaking the carb in Berryman's carb dip, just make sure all the plastic and rubber parts are off of it first

JCW

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2003
I agree with Wibby that the needle and seat is probably the problem. Clean it and the inside of the carb body where it fits into. After that, reinstall the carb without putting the screws in the float bowl. Hold the float bowl up against the carb (level) without putting the four screws into it. Turn the petcock on and let the carb fill up with fuel. Give it a few seconds and turn it off. Then, simply lower the float bowl and check your float level with the gas in the float bowl. When you get it where it should be, put it back together with the screws. This is a common problem as most carbs develop a gritty (sand like) crud that will really cause problems for the needle and seat.
Good Luck,
JCW

Top Bottom