bigzuMER

Jun 11, 2008
I was riding today in fourth gear and then the bike just died. I tried to kick start it many times, it still wouldnt start. Also It felt different when i was riding today then normal, it was going slower and wasn't pulling as much. I have a 02 yz 125 by the way. Anyone know the problem?

May 10, 2007
were you in the powerband or lugging it. you could have just fouled a plug. always check the simple stuff. if you did check that then we need a little more info.

have you done any mods recently?

has the bike sat a lot recently?

bigzuMER

Jun 11, 2008
I don't know what power band or lugging mean since i just started riding. I was riding in 4th gear. I have not checked the plug since the incident but i checked it about a week ago. I just put a rear renthal sprocket 50 teeth on the back. The bike has not sat alot recently i ride it everyday

May 10, 2007
ok powerband is when the bike is in the meat of the power. when power and torque increases. so you know when your riding and all of a sudden your trying to hold on. thats when your in the powerband.

lugging is when the bike is real downlow in the revs

you said your new...you do know to use pre-mix in the gas right?

May 10, 2007
x!TremeRider!x said:
ps. Before riding I shake my bike around so the gas gets mixed well b/c if it sits the oil sinks to bottom of gas.

nope try again the oil and gas become bonded. it takes a very long time for them to seperate. your shaking around for nothing.

have you checked the compression? what about spark? you might want to clean the airfilter and clean the carb to just to be sure.

and you dont lose power when you change sprockets. it just changes to delivery. i can never remember how it is but i think when you increase the back it increases torque and when you decrease the size it increases top speed. and then its opposite in the front but to a larger extent.

bigzuMER

Jun 11, 2008
There was little compression and my top end looked fine when i examined it. I took it to the shop so i will have to wait and see

Top Bottom