bike woulnt start tried putting a new plug in and still woulnt fire

ive out in a new plug thinking that was teh problem and it still woulnt fire this is my second bike and im not realy the greatest mechanic any suggestions will help

Last edited:
You should have gotten someone to try and start it first before putting time and money into getting a new plug in it. Have you always been riding Honda's or was it a different Brand/Model?

well i had a yz250f befor i got my cr250r...... my dad tried starting it to befor we put the new plug in and said that it could just be the plug witch i was hoping cuzz thats not expensive and to time cunsuming to replace ....... could it be teh carb????

Well first things first, if it doesnt even try to start check if you are getting spark. That was my problem, which ended up being a faulty kill switch... Or, check if the plug is fouling...

cr250rracerx said:
were can i sownload a manuel for my bike and what should i do to check if its the kill switch??

You can "download" a manual by going to the nearest honda dealership and giving them $20-$50 for a service manual :nener:

haha well im cheap i found a place to downlaod it so never mind about that but still any other sujestions about getting my bike started??

like they said check the plug. You have to take the plug out and keep it connected then put the threading I believe again some metal on the bike and hold it there and get someone to kick it over. If you see a blue spark then you are good to go. If no spark then that's your problem. Could be a faulty kill switch as previously stated. You should check the compression. It may be the piston rings that need replacing. Could be a few different things... Good luck

i tried taking out the plug and kicking it then putting it back in didint work i put in a brand new plug and it still didint work i havnt tested the new plug like jeromeo said to but its brand new so it should work if not i will found out tomarrow when i test it if it is a faulty killswitch do i just have to replace the whole kill swith???

When did the bike run last, how well did it run then, and how hard was it to start before that?

My bike occasionally decides it doesn't want to start. Okay, I occasionally manage to flood it! :-) When that happens I usually grab a tie down strap, wrap it around the front forks and have something give me a tow to get it started. Note: you don't need to be towed at 60 MPH ! Just get it rolling, drop it into 2nd or 3rd and let the clutch out. As soon as it fires pull the clutch in so you don't run down the vehicle towing you.

If it was a one time deal then go on with life. If it won't stay running, or continues to be hard to start then start fixing things.

Rod

im pretty sure the engine isnt blown last time it ran it started right up and ran fine then i turned it off cleaned it and it wouldint start back up im running 32:1 in it ......... ill try to start it like rmc_olderthandirt said ive had to do that befor when i flooded it if that doesnt work ill let u guys know

WVFR

If you know you are getting spark:

Is the spark plug wet when you take it out after trying to start it? If not then check your carb float bowl. If there is no gas there then the float needle is sticking or you forgot to turn the gas on ;-). If the spark plug is wet, then I would look at compression.