2001Rm125

Jul 7, 2009
BIkes leaking antifreeze?????? PLEASE HELP!

Ok my bikes been really good no problems...Then yesterday it foule the plug...and today started leaking antifreeze. What gives? Ive looked everywhere cant find ANYTHING that is causing it to leek. also it idles Real low idk y. Any help apreciated THANKS!

Last edited:

2001Rm125

Jul 7, 2009
Could my bike have been overheating and spit out coolant...Because i checked my coolant level and couldnt see any. Put some coolant water mix in it...Could this have fixed it or should i keep looking?

2001Rm125

Jul 7, 2009
any opinions?

eds_tls

Aug 26, 2008
If coolant is dissapearing and its not going on the ground, then its going into your cylinder.

Do an oil change and see what it looks like

2001Rm125

Jul 7, 2009
i dont think its going into my oil this bike is new to me i think it was low on coolant and it overheated then it heated that little bit of coolant it had so mush it dripped out i have it full of coolant now and it stopped leaking? Should i still check oil for coolant? How do u tell if theres coolant in it?

2001Rm125

Jul 7, 2009
And if it was a headgasket wouldnt my bike run really slow?

2001Rm125

Jul 7, 2009
I just went out to change my oil...the oil is out HOW DO I CHECK TO SEE IF THERES COLLANT IN MY OIL?

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
Oil from a two stroke is going to look pretty much like the oil still in the bottle except you will find a lot of silvery flakes in it. The shiny stuff is what wears off the clutch and is normal (and also why you need to change the oil often).

Oil that has water in it usually end up looking like chocolate milk. Very different color and texture than what comes out of the bottle.

In your first post you said that it started leaking coolant: Can you explain that a little? Did you see water dripping out someplace, or did you just notice that your coolant was low and you assumed it was leaking?

Do you know that the bike overheated?

If coolant is disappearing then it has to be leaking somewhere. There are many possibilities so you have to start investigating to find it. And you really need to find it because running out of coolant will overheat and most likely sieze the engine, causing a lot of damage.

A very common source of a leak is in the radiators. They hang out in harms way and get banged up quite a bit. It is amazing how bent up they can be and still not leak but it is also easy for a minor looking bend to start leaking. If the leak is down low you will see water dripping out. If the leak is up near the top then only steam will leak out and you may not see it, and it might not leak when you aren't riding it hard and the engine gets hot (and the pressure in the cooling system goes up).

Another source of a leak is in the water pump. The shaft seals can fail and then you get a leak, and unfortuantely it is into the gear box so you can't see it and the result is water in the oil.

A leaking head gasket can cause a loss of coolant. One possibility is that coolant can leak into the cylinder but that is actually unlikely unless the head gasket is really bad and then you would be having other problems. Like fouling plugs. When your plug fouled, did it look like it had water on it?

A small leak at the head gasket allows high pressure from the cylinder to leak into the cooling system. This over pressurizes the cooling system until the safety release in the radiator cap opens and lets the pressure out. Along with the pressure a little bit of water goes out as well and before long you are out of water. Sometimes when the radiator cap opens it snaps open and allows a lot of water out, which can lead you to believe that the bike over heated.

Rod

2001Rm125

Jul 7, 2009
I saW coolant dripping out not like it just disappeared it was leaking OUT of the bike. Idk if the bike overheated. i think it may have been leaking out of the hose that connects to the topend and radiator it was on all the way or very tight i tightened all the hoses. im gonna go put new oil in and start it up and see what it does.

2001Rm125

Jul 7, 2009
my oil is kinda milky. IDK WHAT TO DO. im 14 and i dont know to much bout these things

RM85rider123

Oct 28, 2007
2001Rm125 said:
my oil is kinda milky. IDK WHAT TO DO. im 14 and i dont know to much bout these things

just because you are 14 does'nt mean you can't learn these things. I just turned 15, I have been here for almost 3 years, and this is where I learned everything. All you have to do is put effort towards learning, and it will become very simple in the long run. Now it's time to get a manual and get to work. :cool:

Top Bottom