Bill's Pipe's... 2001 YZ125? Good Pipe?

MRKRacing125

Oct 24, 2000
I am looking into getting a pipe and silencer for my 01' yz125 and I know I have heard about FMF and Pro Circuit, but I am really looking into the Bill's Pipes. Does anyone know how the power differes from like FMF and Pro Circuit? Or any other aftermarket pipes? Thanks

cr-man

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 6, 1999
YZ125 pipes

MRKRacing- I have a 99 YZ125 and I've tried Pro-Circuit and FMF's pipes and I hated the Pro-circuit pipe it only had a small gain on top and I felt like I lost down low and in the middle a little. The Fatty was an improvement all over a pretty good pipe. I never tried it but I hear for the YZ's Dep-sport pipe is the way to go. I hear they add a lot of top-end a couple ponies wish I had heard this sooner or I would have bought one! I know we don't have the same bike, but I'm just trying to help! Good Luck! Joe

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
Put down another one for the FATTY, I seen alot more of this pipe on YZ 125's than any other. I'd only get the pipe don't waste the money on a silencer, take that money and get the delta reedblock. You might want to also check the float hieght cause they was off on some bikes stock as much as 2mm. I know the float hieght is off on my '02 cause it bog/burbles ever so slightly once in awhile from hard landings. Personally I don't see why you want to change the pipe all ready. I feel the bike is fast enough all ready, IMO I think you'd be better off with changing the reed block. I don't think the gain will be as noticable with changing the pipe. just my .02 :p

Joe
'02 YZ125

Pit_Monkey

May 19, 2001
dude trust me on this. i bought a bills pipe thinking maybe a small gain but not much for a lower name pipe. but wow. the bike really came alive! like it had more power every where. in contrast to what the other guys said. i noticed major gains in the bottom with the fmf fatty but a huge loss on top. i rode my friends which is almost the same bike with a diff. pipe and it felt like the bike was gonna die. redlined at 3/4 throttle. no lie. it was just scream and no push after 3/4 throttle. thats my advice do with it as you wish.:silly:

Matt_H

Sep 13, 2001
I don't know about yamahas but on my kx it gave me more bottom and mid but is flat on top but for all my wipe outs and the number of times if laid the bik down on the pipe there is no dent or mark on the pipe color fading a little bit. good pipe. hope this helps.

Matt

Pit_Monkey

May 19, 2001
so pit monkey.......u recommend the bill's pipe for the YZ???

yes. the bills pipe is my pipe of choice. i recomend it to everyone that is looking for a pipe. it really brings the yz to life. not like the yz is a really relaxed bike but it really emphasises its characteristics and makes the bike shout out. as far as durability ive seen so many fmfs get smashed t tomaston and ive seen a couple pro circuits. just about ever woods riders fmf that ive seen has a dent whether it be big or small it has one and thats the second reason why i didnt want the fmf . i ride sand and woods. now ive laid my bike down "by choice" and then just totally fallen and each time the pipe has remained dentless.one of my brothers dumb ass friends even droppped my bike in my driveway from the upright position to its side with the pipe on it. and all it had was a scratch.:silly:

00kawa125

May 16, 2001
We have the SST pipe and silencer on our 01 YZ125. We picked up gains in all areas. Nothing outstanding in any though. The other pipes we tested would give good gains in certain areas but take away from another. We have not tested the DEP pipe but were told this pipe rips. A fellow racer tested this pipe and said it gave the best HP gain. It will be our next purchase in pipes.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom