cr102

Jun 24, 2007
Im about to buy a 1999 cr 80 with a full bills exhast system. im just wondering if its good or should i change it? ive never had a bills pipe Thanks for helping

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Bill makes outstanding pipes. Be happy you have that rather than a PC or FMF pipe.

nsxxtreme

Apr 18, 2006
I have a Bills pipe on my CR250. Great pipe.

My only complaint is the muffler is somewhat short so it sprays oil all over the rear fender and side plastic.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
nsxxtreme said:
My only complaint is the muffler is somewhat short so it sprays oil all over the rear fender and side plastic.

Maybe you should consider jetting it correctly so you won't have the problem. ;)

nsxxtreme

Apr 18, 2006
Rich Rohrich said:
Maybe you should consider jetting it correctly so you won't have the problem. ;)
I bought the bike used and it came set up the way it did. It has a complete engine job by Bills pipe. I thought the same as you when I bought it so I tried leaning the bike out a little. The bike did not like that. The engine would start pinging at high load and higher rpm. I tied adjusting the needle up and down and changing the pilot and Main. Ended up going back to how the bike was set up when I bought it but went from a 50 pilot to a 48. So I have it setup the way Bills had recommended but a slightly leaner pilot. The pipe is short its sits behind the side plastic. The way the bike is now it runs excellent. I've been riding on the same plug for the last year. So I cant have it set up that bad. I ride about 4-5 times a month.

Top Bottom