2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Nice pic. Looks like wilted Eel, or is it smoked Eel, or just Unagi. LOL, I couldnt resist.

Love those woods, just got back from a week in Big Sur, dang that would be a nice spot for a trail ride, but the area is rife with sandal wearing granola heads ready to club anyone using wheeled vehicles.

zero_it

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2000
Hey Eel - There were sweepers at this event. I know them all and they did in fact sweep the whole course. Maybe if you'd hung out for one more Powerbar at the road crossing you would've seen them.

It was a killer enduro. Lots of fun new trail and a great layout. Kept us on our toes all day with check in/check out format for most of the day. Winning overall score by Mr. Dahners was a 36 point loss. Gotta like an event like that....no gimmes! Endoqwest and I were on the same minute, had a good time.

zero_it

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2000
Jason Dahners was 1st in AA and 1st overall. Those 40-something guys sure are fast!

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
It was a great event. Very tough relative to what I'm used to from District 37. I'm looking forward to getting the hang of it.

zero_it

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2000
Hey Eel - Sounds like you're a recent transplant up here to the Pacific Northwest. Welcome to our playground. We have three really good conventional format enduros in the NMA: the Sparkplug at Tahuya in April, the Shelton Valley Enduro at Shelton in May and the Black Bear at Tahuya in October. Shelton & Tahuya are similar soil conditions and style of trail, but Shelton actually has some elevation gain while Tahuya is flat. Hopefully you're enjoying yourself here and finding lots of good riding. Be sure to check out Reiter Trails near Gold Bar for a taste of all things gnarly in the PNW. Aim for high ground into the truly gnarly singletrack, far, far away from the G.D. quads! There you'll get your fill of the 3-R's: rocks, roots & ruts.

The only D-37 stuff I've done is the Quicksilver Enduro (1996, 1997 & 2004). Definitely more wide open and faster riding than anything around these parts, but lots of fun. Bummer that it's going to be a hare scrambles in 2008.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Yup it's definitely a different skill set to some degree. I'm gonna make some changes to my bike setup and I've been working out a little to get back in shape. I just ordered a 14 oz flywheel weight and I got a standing offer to ride at Tahuya over the winter with a competitive NMA rider so hopefully I can get some practice. I'm thrilled to be here - the Black Bear was my first and only PNW ride so far but I'm already dreaming about Reiter, Juniper Dunes, Devil's Gulch, Mad River and a few other areas people I've spoken with have been hyping. It's dirt bike nirvana and I'm in it !

Top Bottom