Simmons1

Jan 25, 2009
mudpack said:
A good running stock 2009 650 twin will crush it.

But not near as fun to ride. :nener:

Using that logic none of us should be riding KDX's anymore either. We should all be on modern 4 stroke dirt bikes.

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
but some of us need excuses as to why we are not fast riders (kdx) now I need one of those ill handling street bikes wait I got one!!! my magna is super fast but is kinda akward in the twisties...time for new tires hard to corner on squares

kytrailrider

Feb 25, 2008
:bang: Ok, now igoing to show my ignorance. I see some of you are talking jetting. I have only been riding for three years. I have been riding the bike the way it was set up when I got it. This might not be the place but can someone explain jetting to me.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Its not the bike, its the rider. Them big 2 stroke pigs rattled, shook, stood up and hauled azz! Pretty much the same as dirtbikes. If anyone was serious about a speed record they would buy a Hyabusa, so what, pfft! The 350's 400's 500's and I believe a 650 2 stroke all had their characteristics. That 750 in Eric's hands, and I know a guy to make an expansion chamber, ahhhhh that would be cool. And my license/life would be done in 15 minutes. I have a bad habit of riding street like the dirt. Maybe some day I will grow out of it? Hope not!!! Kytrailrider, assuming the ky is for Kentucky: http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=172481&highlight=spankys+jetting+guide

domino dave

Sep 24, 2003
Hey Foxforks - I used to have a document on 2 stroke jetting by Eric Gorr (twotopweb).I can't get it to come up now. Do you know the one? Could be helpful to kytrail. As for me ... I love all things 2-stroke! I've owned and ridden the rest, but 2-strokes are what really trips my trigger. Got my eye on a nice RZ350 right now. Domino

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana

mudpack

Nov 13, 2008
Simmons1 said:
We should all be on modern 4 stroke dirt bikes.
You mean all of us AREN'T????!!???

:yikes:

Actually, my 2006 KDX200 is a pretty modern dirt bike in itself. While not as advanced as my KLX450R, it provides its own unique style of fun.
To me, pre-modern dirt bikes were air-cooled and had 6" of front suspension with 3" of rear travel. Some were two-strokes, some were four-strokes.

Top Bottom