700_Edge_X

Jul 11, 2007
I'm going to get new plastics for my bike this winter. If i get the white plastics i would paint the frame blue and some other things blue. If i got the black plastics i would paint the frame and a couple other things black. What would look better? I'm open to all idea's, and if anyone has any pictures of black or white bikes that would be sweet. Thanks

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
i like white and gray, and black and red... But not solid of either color..

I do however like the white more than black, it makes it look more clean and nice to me.

But thats just my personal opinion.

EDIT

if you could find something like this for your bike (the graphic gray black and seat cover) and white plastics it would look AWSEOME

YamahaYZ450F_white_4.jpg

Last edited:

BLACKeR

Oct 30, 2007
be aware that both colors will not wear well. black shows every scratch, and white browns quickly. i like white on a bike though, white with black wheels, and a gun metal, or polished aluminum frame. *drool*

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Black looks great the day you install the new plastic and looks like hell every day after that. ;)

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Rich Rohrich said:
Black looks great the day you install the new plastic and looks like hell every day after that. ;)
Yup. Been there, done that........a mistake.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
sixds said:
what would you do about the gas tank?
DON'T paint it! If you think black looks bad after a few rides imagine what a peeling tank will look like. If your tank is blue find a color that works with it and live with the combination. It's a dirt bike not a show queen so ride it, get it dirty and scratch it up. I have a black bike and I just tell myself it's a "stealth" look. :laugh:

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Does IMS/Clarke offer your tank in white? Maybe?

sixds

Mar 25, 2007
^yeah thats what i was thinking. they do cost a bit of money tho. i might get one for my bike so i can ride for a while longer.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
I know Clarke offers tanks in stock (MX) sizes too.

maddogYZ

Aug 24, 2007
I had an old 91' YZ125 in high school that was all white. The tank was an ugly stained brown so I painted it white. It looked good for about a month until the whole think started to bubble from gas vapors bleeding through the plastic. Needless to say it looked like crap but it was beater bike and the paint was easy to scrape off. :think:

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
Yfox05 said:
Black really doesn't look bad, I use armor all wipes on it after I wash my bike.
I armor alled a seat once because it looked kind of ratty. Next little jump I made, I kept going up while the bike was on it's way down. Ouch!

Jun 22, 2007
my cr125 is all black, looks fine to me, and its got plenty of wear on it. slapped on some skin industries graphics with the chick sticking her tounge out, it looks awsome, my blaster is blacked out to, that also looks great

Top Bottom