B

biglou

I found a couple things, both bad... In the BBR FAQ section, they state that no one other than Yamaha is offering injection molded plastic for the TTR125, and only in the stock colors. The Acerbis site lists a black (or white) front # plate available, but lists nothing available for the sides or the fenders. Seems kinda odd, given the popularity of these bikes. Heck, if you can get (*Ack!) orange plastic for a 426, why not black for a TTR?

TwistNShout

Nov 19, 2003
Originally posted by BigLou
The Acerbis site lists a black (or white) front # plate available, but lists nothing available for the sides or the fenders.

This is almost comical.....since I have the YZ80 front forks, I also have the YZ80 front # plate, fender & fork guards and the # plate is all I was able to find in black.

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
If you are really desperate you can go pick up some Krylon Fusion plastic spray paint. It adheres way better to plastic than any other paint I've tried. The black is high gloss and looks nice.
:)

TwistNShout

Nov 19, 2003
Hmmmm, Krylon Fusion plastic spray paint.....I just may give that a try. I think what I will do is paint an extra fender but take a stocker with me in case the painted one starts looking "painted" after a couple rides.

Maybe one of these days I will be happy with a bike in stock form, the way it comes from the factory--NOT! :-)

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
That is the best way to do it. Experiment with your old plastic!

Top Bottom