racerr88

Oct 28, 2005
Hey guys, I hope someone can help with this problem I've had for a few months now. I have a 05' YZ125 w/Gorr 144 kit installed. I have played with the jetting for a while now but after 2 hours of riding/racing I am getting this black sludge/oily liquid leaking all the way down my pipe and onto the swingarm, it is also comming from the vent tube off the power valve cover. I feel I have the bike jetted pretty good. Sp plug looks fine. I do HS racing so there is some high and low speed riding. Has power-now,moose reed spacer,Boyseen carbon reeds,no-toil air filter,FMF Fatty pipe w/Q muffler, 144 Eric Gore kit, Use Motul800 racing oil with 93 octane gas 60:1. Stock carb with 420 main, 40 pilot, Cilp at #4 and air screw 2 1/2 out. I've adjusted the carb leaner and richer but still get the funky black stuff. Thanks for the help !

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
What pre-mix oil are you using? I ran Yamalube 2R and got the same on my 250. I'm switching to something else. Seems the overflow vent really spits it out and must be fairly common.

cr250pro

Jun 15, 2005
Yeah, I have the same problem. I used the right 32:1 oil:fuel mixture. I also think this is just normal. It is really hard to clean off and pisses me off. Peace

KX02

Jan 19, 2004
If your bike is jetted correctly you should have little or no goop coming out of your silencer. Running a fuel/oil ratio of 60:1 in a 125 sounds pretty scary to me.

racerr88

Oct 28, 2005
I am using Motul 800 off-road racing synthetic. I have talked to 2 different Motul Reps. and they said I could run up to 66:1 ratio with their oil. Yeah, I probably would have to rebuild everyother race also ! I have tried 40:1 and 50:1 but still the same result. Thanks for the help though guys !

Top Bottom