HGaither

Oct 23, 2000
Has anyone had any black spots to appear on their 01 400sx seat ? They appear to be underneath the clear layer on the orange part. Would this possibly be warranty?

Bulldog

May 2, 2001
I have a 2001 300 EXC that is doing the same thing and my dealer says that KTM is replacing them under warranty.

I may have misunderstood. If it is mildew that is one thing. Mine is delaminating and turning gray which is a problem with the 2001 seats.

Last edited:

scottyr

Mar 12, 2000
It is mildew on the foam that is soaking through the cover. I had a lot of black spots on my EXCs cover and when I replaced it with the K-Style cover I saw that the foam was all covered with mildew. KTM Canada wont replace them under warranty, I dont know about the USA though.

HGaither

Oct 23, 2000
mildew

It definately looks like mildew to meand it appeared shortly after I purchased the bike. Also I have not been in that much water, hardly any at all.

Arby

Mar 19, 2001
Your dealer should replace your seat cover. I was told by my dealer that KTM i s replacing the 2001 seat covers with 2000 covers. My is doing the
same thing, seperating, fading and such.

cycleboy

Sep 8, 1999
My seat looks like crap after 200 miles of use. I'm definately going to go back to the dealer for a warranty replacement if possible.

Top Bottom