Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
After calling Cooperland and going to MCR and finding out both were closed, we ended up in Blanchard (MotoCity Raceway), on a new track, that everyone said was terrible.

I brought my nephew Sauce with my buds Squid Nasty and Lunchbox, so he could ride and ride and ride like little kids do. After nearly two hours of "are we there yet?" and "are we close yet?" we arrived in Blanchard and unloaded and got geared up. Sauce couldnt wait to start that bike up, and could hardly wait for it to warm up a bit. There was a small oval "track" that some pit bikes have made out there that he was able to go in circle after circle on. He rode that lil oval for nearly an hour while we went out on the real track to get some laps in. I made sure he could pull into camp, stop his bike, park it, and turn it off, and then start it back up to take off again before I went out to ride.

After Sauce rode that lil area for a while and was getting comfortable on it, I directed him onto the main track for the small bike motos. He did great! He went over each jump with no problems. He even went over the huge step-down they have out there and wasnt scared at all. Once, he hit a muddy spot coming off of a jump and almost slid out, but he managed to keep it on two wheels the whole time. That lil slide scared him though, and he was heading off of the track, when he went through about 2 feet of sloshy mud and got stuck. He couldnt walk as it was nearly up to his knees and his bike was stuck. Lunchbox got his bike out and I carried him out of the mud and he rode back to camp. After that lil episode, he didnt get back on the track again saying he was too scared and would NEVER ride that track again. lol He rode the small oval for the rest of the day, and he wouldnt shift out of first gear after that. I told him he was gonna break the lil bike if he didnt shift, and he refused, so we parked it for the rest of the day. He had ridden around for nearly 4 hours anyway and was pretty tired. I told him the next time he goes, he has to shift into second at least or he wont be able to ride. :( He didnt like that very much. The first day he got the bike, he was shifting into 2nd and 3rd and even downshifting....

The track was pretty nice. We had tons of fun on it. It had nice, deep bowl turns in most of the corners so you could keep your speed up nicely. There were some small, kind of technical sections of small jumps and some nice doubles as well. There's a pretty big step-down there as well. I finally felt comfortable enough to jump some doubles and some of the bigger tables and had tons of fun on it. The track is a lot of fun and open nearly everyday weekday and weekend. I would suggest anyone close to it check it out. :)

OKKX'er

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 10, 2001
Cool! glad we found out something about this track. MCR has practice listed for Friday 4/4 , I would like to ride this practice. If you find out any different, please let me know. I was impressed with Brian riding last Sunday, I was sore after Saturday.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i'm surprised you caught that track while it was open. the operator posts on an almost daily basis on mxstates about practice being scheduled then canceled. alot of the tulsa area guys are not very pleased with him.

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Its only about 20 miles from my house, so its no big deal if hes closed to me. I could see why peeps from Tulsa would be upset though.

This is the first time ive tried to go out there and had good luck. He gave me a flier yesterday for the dates in March but didnt have one for April yet.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Milk, it makes me very happy to read a ride report from you after all these months of recovery from your accident last year. I'm sure your nephew will not let a lil' mud interfere with his riding - lol! Kids!

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
sorry if my reply seemed negative. it sounds like you had an interesting day at the track. i thought kids loved mud? or is it just when they are wearing good clothes?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom