Status
Not open for further replies.

hOnDaGuY332

Aug 9, 2001
Hey everyone...i am almost positive that a blaster will beat the xr100...but i mean how much faster will it be? and will it beat it on the track and on the trail? Thanks:)

cr125_king

Apr 2, 2001
Not one of these again...

Another which bike is fastest . The XR will take you in the trails but give me the XR and i'll beat you at the track or anywhere:p :) Oh and I think ya posted this in the wrong forum

SICC_AIR

Jul 23, 2001
This is what is typical in the quad forums that's why i chose to frequent here.
AtVers ask this IMO because quads do not require as much skill to ride. It is more the machine.
In dirtbikes it is almost all rider so people talk about which rider is better.
That is why i am switching to bikes.

gibbs_6

Jul 5, 2001
Geez for me if I took times on my laps through trails.It would be the blaster for me.I am not a very good trail rider on 2 wheels I'm working on it and I have been riding 4-wheelers twice as long.Now on the track for me I would say XR, but I dont ride tracks hardly ever.:scream:

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
This is all assuming that a "rpo" level rider is on each;
trails-XR100 by virtue of manueverability
Track-Blaster by virtue of suspension that can withstand bumps
Drag race-Blaster because it has 2 drive wheels with more contact patch and it is faster.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
Originally posted by SICC_AIR
This is what is typical in the quad forums that's why i chose to frequent here.
AtVers ask this IMO because quads do not require as much skill to ride. It is more the machine.
In dirtbikes it is almost all rider so people talk about which rider is better.
That is why i am switching to bikes.

Well I have ridden and raced both and disagree, I have found it much easier to go fast on two wheels than four. To go fast on a quad you still have to stand to help absorb bumps and a quad weighs more so it is more work. You have to have proper throttle and clutch management and seeing as a quad has less horsepower per lb it becomes more critical (much like 80s and 125s vs 250s and up) Quads have solid rear axles so you can't just lean and turn, it requires power sliding, something many MXers never learn. And finally it takes better launch and balance management because with two rear wheels any track or jump with one side a different height than the other forces you to control an off balance machine.
Granted at lower speeds you can't just drop it to the inside like a bike, but at the limits it takes the same skills and more muscle to keep from highsiding after a mistake.
I say with someone that has quad skills (provided the trail is wide enough) a Blaster would be faster than an XR100 anywhere, but then XR100s don't have squat for suspension or horsepower.

On a side note, not only do I think quads are harder to ride, but more embarssing to ride. Almost never do you see a bike rider get thrown off and then get run over by his own bike, but to ad insult to injury it happens to quad riders all the time.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Wrong forum.
Come to think of it, wrong web site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom