Cr85RaCeR607

Aug 13, 2004
I go riding every saturday or sunday at island motocross for about 6-7 hours each time i go. The problem is,everytime i go,i get blisters that really start to hurt after a few hours. Does anyone know something that i can do,or something i can buy to prevent this. I was talkin 2 a few guys at the track and they was sayin try new gloves...I use thor phase gloves...any ideas?

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Cr85RaCeR607 said:
...less friction or somethin?

Yea that.
Otherwise, try to ride more. Your hands will get used to it.

va_yzrider

Apr 28, 2003
If it is hot out and you sweat a lot, take a few extra pairs of gloves with you. When your gloves get wet, switch them out. Wet gloves are a sure fire way to get blisters. Once you have them, you can try New Skin to get you through the day (pretty good temporary fix).

Shig

~SPONSOR~
Jan 15, 2004
I thought my hands were pretty tough until I did my first Hare Scramble. At the end of the race, not only was I blistered, but I ripped three calluses completely off. The next race I wrapped a single layer of athletic tape across my hand where the calluses are and I didn't have any blisters after the race. Switching to Renthall Soft grips and using one of those neoprene donuts on the throttle grip helped alot too.

Cr85RaCeR607

Aug 13, 2004
whats weird is,i only get blisters on the other 4 fingers,not the thumb...ive tried surgical tape,but it didnt work to good cause everytime ik got back,id take off my gloves,and it would be off of the area that i wrapped...so anyway,ill try that baby powder technique and ill get back to u in a week.....that rymed :rotfl:

Jul 19, 2004
Put deodorent on your hands, I find that to help. Keeps you from sweatin. Also, lean out your gloves. You may be packin dirt in them. That could rub and cause the blisters to form. At drug stores they have "blister bandaid" things that you put on a formed blister. But your main problem is that you dont ride enough to have callisces. So, tell your parents to take you more so you dont get as many blisters :clue: ;)

Cr85RaCeR607

Aug 13, 2004
YEAH...THATS A GREAT IDEA!!!..haha,well,yeah,ive only gotten 1 callisce,but it would b great 2 ride more..anyway,i bought baby powder,and im usin an old pair of small gloves cause i wear a medium,and if those dont work,ill try deoderant...

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
thescooterstore said:
lean out your gloves.

I run a sweaty main and a hole in the finger pilot. Drop the clip on the velcro one spot and you should be all set! :laugh:

Top Bottom