crmx91

Dec 4, 2002
Every time I ride i get these blisters that are inside blisters that are inside old blisters.. they sting and they bleed A LOT. I have no idea how to get rid of them and they are really affecting my riding.. i cant ride for as long b/c they bleed and they are starting to piss me off. Ive tried 3 different grips (stock, Tag metals, and Pro taper) the tapers seem to be the best right now. Ive also tried rotating the waffle away from me and ended up putting them back towards me. What else can I do? I wear Oneal Hardware gloves(2002) and i ride mx on a CR125.. thanks..

D36-108A

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2002
Underware glove liners marketed by Moose/Parts Unlimited.

Slim grips like Renthal full diamonds helped me, too, but the liners are it.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Train yourself not to grip the bars tightly. A light grip is not instinctive so you have to concentrate and practice it at first.

You really can control the bike with only a light grip most of the time. For example, if the bar wants to turn to the left, let the grip put pressure on your left palm and between the thumb and forefinger. Holding your left arm steady will stop the bars from turning without you having to put a death grip on the bars. A side benefit of a light grip is it can help you ride relaxed.

If all else fails, over time you will build callouses, and the blisters should stop being a problem.

Yamahauler

Jun 9, 1999
I have problems with blisters racing hare scrambles. I have worn holes through the Moose underware gloves. The only thing I can do is tape my hands using medical tape. I tape each thumb and across my palms (that's where I get my blisters).

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Originally posted by D36-108A
Underware glove liners marketed by Moose/Parts Unlimited.
I heard those are the DEAL!

D36-108A

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2002
Yeah they take all the abuse. It's especially noticeable after the first ride when you can see the beating they took compared to new.

Luft

Dec 24, 2002
You could try the mole tape used for foot blisters at the drugstore. You cut a hole in the tape for the blister size and fit the tape over the blister. The foam keeps pressure off the blister. Focus on gripping more with your legs and knees and staying forward. Do you find yourself being pulled back and having to hang on? This will help. If you are more forward over the bars and having your weight balanced equally on the bars and pegs you will work with the bike easier. The GRIP. Hold the bars like you would a door handle and put your weight on the palms of your hands. This allows for easier movement at the elbows and shoulders and helps with the rowing motion. Learn how to overgrip and regrip. Do this at slower speeds until it becomes natural for you.

olddirt

Dec 17, 2002
I swear by glove underware. In fact, mine do wear holes where blisters would normally appear. After the holes appear, I put the underware on the opposite hand so that the holes are on top of the hand. I haven't had a blister since I've been wearing them.

Top Bottom