Apr 6, 2004
Hehehehe... I got all you guys looking at this thread. Actually, I'm looking for female riders to ride with my g-friend and couple of guys.
We're in Portland, Oregon area and we mostly ride Browns Camp. We would also like to explore other places in the area. If you're fortunate to live the great Northwest and want to hook up, let me know.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I'm in, pick a weekend. You should come up to Canada over the 4th of July. I'm up in Ellensburg, so I'm not too far. There's Taneum, Mad River and Naches up my way if you're interested.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Hmm, probably less than 6, more like 4. I might make it down Portland way one of these days though. It's probably a lot cooler there than here right now anyway! Pick a weekend in the next few weeks, after the 4th of July maybe, and we'll see if we can put something together.

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
dirtRiceburner said:
Hehehehe... I got all you guys looking at this thread. Actually, I'm looking for female riders to ride with my g-friend and couple of guys.
We're in Portland, Oregon area and we mostly ride Browns Camp. We would also like to explore other places in the area. If you're fortunate to live the great Northwest and want to hook up, let me know.

"The Ant" lives in Portland, OR as well (Honda CRF250x). She might be up for riding with you after the 4th of July week.

I've already got dibs on her over the 4th for riding over in Eeedahoe. :)

Cheers! - RandyB

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
As in Tillamook "Burn" .....

We typically launch out of r Rogers Camp and go Westward on Elliot's Creek trail.

Occassionally start from Jordan Creek area-- would like to ride more/learn trails in the Diamond Mill area.

Cheers! - RandyB

ChaCha

Apr 20, 2004
OK, this is totally unrelated to the post, but I'm thinking of buying a house on at least 1-2 (would really like 5) acres up in Oregon somewhere. Not too far east. Anyone have any ideas on which areas I should start looking? Don't really want to be completely in the boonies, but don't need to be real close to a Metropolitan area either. I've only been to Oregon once (Coos Bay?) and was only there for a day. The housing market in Southern California is getting out of control and I would really like to own something. Washington is too far north (too wet), so I thought of Oregon.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
ChaCha said:
Washington is too far north (too wet), so I thought of Oregon.

Ok, now THAT's not true. Less than 1/3 of the state is wet. Everything east of the Cascades is very dry and hot. we have deserts, mountains, dunes, forests, lakes and rivers. WA is a beautiful state, yet EVERYONE thinks it's all like Seattle.

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
dirtRiceburner said:

Welcome to DRN! :cool: Like FC22, I'm up in Washington. I've never been riding in Oregon, but I'm sure I'll be making a trip down there sometime. If you're looking for a more organized approach to rides, try to get ahold of someone at the Emerald Trail Riders Assoc (www.ETRA.net). They are an Oregon trail riding club (very friendly, helpful people).

The Ant

Jan 3, 2002
Chacha,
Its wet in the NW corner of Oregon as well, like Seattle, but desert dry east of the Cascades and to the south. Think the Eugene area would be a nice compromise, but I've never actually lived there myself. I kinda like rain.
-SusanP.
CRF250x

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Ok, now THAT's not true. Less than 1/3 of the state is wet. Everything east of the Cascades is very dry and hot. we have deserts, mountains, dunes, forests, lakes and rivers. WA is a beautiful state, yet EVERYONE thinks it's all like Seattle.

Such a bad Liar FC ;)

All it does is rain in WA, just like all California is like LA :laugh:

HobRoff

Sep 10, 2003
Tigard!! I feel for ya, just kidding -- Grew up in Sherwood, class of '78, hummn, maybe I should not advertise that. Live up by Olympia now. Anyway, I'll be putting in laps out at Mountain View Mx Saturday (Sandy) which is a great place to ride if you like to get out onto the track from time to time, there are usually a few ladies riding, especially on family days. Here are a couple links that may help you hook up with riding partners:

http://www.omra-online.org/

www.mtnviewmx.com

www.oohva.org

Cheers and be safe!!

Top Bottom