BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
This morning my 9 year old son was not feeling well, and did not get up for school. He has been working towards getting his perfect attendance award this year, and was pretty disappointed not to be going. Anyway, at 9:30 am he gets up, phones my wife, and tells her that he is going to school. He makes his own lunch, and then walks 10 minutes to school, only to arrive there at 10:05 am, and gets marked absent for the day. My wife phones to complain, and gets told, there is nothing they can do. Gotta love them bureaucratic mo-fos.

I wanted to take him out of school for 1 day to go to dirtweek, and he said no, he wanted that award.

You know, its bad enough in life to be disappointed when something doesn't go your way, but to see a kid hurt because of the freaking bureaucrats - 'tis enough to make me very angry !

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
Actually you can get mad at the TX schools of you want, but the reason for the decision is probably, NCLB, if more than a certain percent of the day is missed then they are "charged" with the absence for funding purposes. (at least that's the way it is around here) BTW I would love to have a room full of kids any where near as motivated as your son!!!!!

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Ah well, it is all moot now, I waited for today to see if my boy was well enough to go to school, and then I was going to kick some ISD butt. As it so happens, he did not get out of bed. Even though he went to school yesterday, they sent him to the sick room in the last period, was running a 101 degree temperature. :ugg:

Top Bottom