sativadubs

Feb 4, 2008
Hi, i'm new here and was wondering if anyone had any opinions on the problem with my new bike. First off, i just bought this bike and rode it twice. The guys where i bought it, claimed it was a brand new motor...my first time riding it, i had to break it in. 2nd time (this past weekend) coolant kepted spraying out, even smoking. I put a little water in w/ watever coolant was left, rode back to camp...when i got back i had anti freeze all over my pants. We thought it could have been the cap because the threads looked ruined so we exchanged caps (same size) from another bike. My buddy rode it, and claimed it also had an exhaust leak from the way my exhaust sounded. Now, what would be some opinions on why my coolant keeps spraying out of my bike? blown head gasket? anyone whos had a problem like this, please let me know...i just bought this bike...this is my first 4-stroke, i've always had honda/2strokes. THANKs

sativadubs

Feb 4, 2008
brand new bike overheating...whY?

Hey guys, i just bought a 2006 ktm sxf that supposedly had a brand new motor, i put about 2 hours in on it my first ride, while i was breaking it in. It sat for over a month until this past weekend, i rode one good ride on it, noticed that coolant was leaking. We thought it was because the overflow tube was too short. Well, we put a little water in w/ the coolant due to being low, rode it back. I had anti freeze alll over my pants...the radiator was even smoking. Now, due to being a "brand new motor" what could be the cause of this? I've got several opinions from the guy i was with, which suggested my head gasket was blown...also informed me i had a leak in my exhaust, and the dealership sold me a beat down bike. I'm wondering if this could have been caused by me, and if it could be that head gasket is blown. Any advise/opinions would be greatly appreciated...THANKS

agitt73

~SPONSOR~
May 11, 2000
exhaust leak is no big deal that dose not make a bike junk
could be a blown head gasket or not enough anti freeze in the bike to much water
4ts tend to boil over in certain conditions you also said you put water in the bike
putting cold water in a hot engine will warp heads and blow gaskets

Top Bottom