jessem

May 23, 2001
I blew my shock last year and had it serviced. Just yesterday, I was jumping and then my shock started feeling really stiff and when I press down on the seat to compress the suspension, it decompresses a lot faster than normal. Does this mean it's blown?
Its a 1993 YZ 125 if that helps at all. Could it be blown again already after having it serviced only last fall?
Thanks for the help.

podia

Aug 31, 2000
Hi Jessem, do you mean that the rebound(decompress) is too fast?

Perhap you can try to slow down your reb damping by turning in clockwise.

What I suspect maybe is your lack of damping(lack of oil) controlling the valve(piston), means lack of oil or maybe there is air.

And you will feel like you are riding on a pogo stick, just bouncing on and off basically with the strength of the spring only, no damping control at all.

Hope this help:think

jessem

May 23, 2001
yes that's what i mean about the rebound.
would the lack of oil explain why the shock compresses normally about halfway down and then becomes really hard to push down the rest of the way?

podia

Aug 31, 2000
If it is really lack of oil, it will compress normally initially , and it will
become stiifen up when the spring is tensioning.

Just some of my thoughts, perhap other guys have better idea?:think

itsamelee

May 21, 2001
cr 125 shock problems s o s

hello ive got a 1991 cr 125 r
i had the shock rebuilt and a nitrogen charge done
when i put it on the bike it bounces,, kinda like the the only thing
working is the spring..i turned the dampener as far as i could in both directions
i adjusted the spring to the same position thats on another bike
that ive got ,,,and still ive got the bounce.
i guess my question is,, if theres air in it,,,can i bleed the air out
and would the place i had the shock charged at - a dealeship- know to put
oil in it
i thank you for any information that you could provide ,
and can i send the ne-t one to you for repair,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, sorry that letter doesnt work

shockdoc

May 3, 2001
Jessem
It sounds like to me that you may have either some linkage or swingarm brgs. going bad. I would take that all apart & inspect.

itsa
It does sound like your shock has air in it. There are many places out there that do suspension work but not everyone knows how to bleed a shock properly.

doc

jessem

May 23, 2001
linkage and swingarm bearings are new so i doubt if its that. Is there a way to bleed the air out of the shock. Is there a screw somewhere like for the forks to bleed the air out? When a shock is blown how can you tell? Thanks for all the help.

shockdoc

May 3, 2001
there really is no way to easily bleed a shock without taking it apart. It has to be bled as you are putting it back together. It could of blown a seal after a year depending on how much riding time is on it or maybe the shaft chrome is worn. I would take it back to your suspension builder for inspection.

doc

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom