BlueRibbon Coalition - Invest In Your Future

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Thanks for the link Smit-Dog. I have meant to join the BRC for a while but just never did it. I followed your link and joined for a year. After browsing their site, it looks like money well spent!

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Thanks for bringing it back to the top. There are a lot of good folks who donate tons of time and effort to protect our right to ride. The least we can do is join, promote awareness, and donate a few bucks if possible to keep the momentum in our favor.

I want to be able to ride with my grandkids one day.... (body and mind willing!)

psycho

King Rot-Gut
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2000
Thanks for the link Smit-Dog. Liked what I saw and joined. Looks like a dang good cause to me.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Everyone on this site should join.

Without the far sighted attention of BRC and others we would have far fewer OHV areas available.

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Your local group is were the fight should start

The best thing you can do to keep this sport around is to find, join and support both physically and financially your local area off-road group. They will have first knowledge of any threat to our sport and your local riding. BRC or any other National org should be secondary to your support of your local group.

I have been going back and forth between BRC and CORVA (CORVA being our local group) in 04 I was with BRC, in Jan 05 I rejoined CORVA. Now, we have been dealing with 2 ordinances out here, one I knew nothing about until 15 days before the hearing, first time I heard about it was though another DRN member, a week later I got a letter from the AMA. This is a big deal and a major threat to our riding and I was pissed that we heard nothing until the 11th hour.

I went on to the CORVA website and scrolled back to Oct 2004 (this was at the time I was with BRC) and found the warning of this threat; Nine months had lapsed between the time our local group warned us and the time AMA had sent a letter giving us 2 weeks notice. I take responsibility for not being aware of this threat, but my point is; neither the BRC nor the AMA had anything on it nor sent notice in a newsletter

When we are under fire daily and are losing access at millions of acres a grab, nine months is unacceptable.

BRC is an important organization , but only secondary

IMHO

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Excellent point JPIVEY, and thanks for bumping this back up....

California riders are fortunate to have a advocacy group such CORVA.... their mission appears very similar to Colorado's COHVCO organization. Both these groups seem to be localized versions for the BRC, and are able to focus their efforts and resources on all the issues of a single state as opposed to the entire country. It'd be nice if every state had their own localized BRC.

About the closest we have here in Michigan is the Cycle Conservation Club (CCC) . They've been around since the late '60's, and are the primary reason we have the trail system we have in place today. They aren't completely focused on land use advocacy, but do more than any other off-road organization in the state. Also, they are focused just on 2-wheeled vehicles, and host about a dozen very large and popular ride events every year. Kinda of a combination of an advocacy / enthusiast group.

I provide financial and letter writing support to the CCC, BRC (lifetime), and the AMA. The national groups are better funded so have the necessary resources and staff. State organizations such as CORVA and COHVCO need more support ($ and time) because you are right... they're the groups that are going to be able to stay on top of every issue that affects their local area.

jwl

Jan 25, 2005
What is sad that only 10% of all registered dirt bike owners are part of any orginization. That stat came form Don Amador of the BRC.

What I have found is less then that even understands the issue we face and most of the don't much get involved. with a large percentage of Groups like this web site, orginizastions like BRC, AMA, CORVA and others they all remain splintered groups.

The Anti-Access Groups have done a great job dividing all those who are Outdoor Enthusiasts and have pitted groups against each other. The Two Wheelers blames ATV's for erosion, the 4x4;s blame dirtbikers for taking down fences, Mountain Bikers are hated by Equestrians, and the vicious circle or pointing fingers continue as the Enemy flanks us.

Personally I am sick if, I see it on all web sites fighting about its sound, its erosion its the one eyed one horned flying purple people eater. these are the Arguments amongsts US the dirt bike community. We need to unit we need to gather all people into one roof and declare war against those who have already declared it against us "THE ANTI-ACCESS ECHO NAZI;s"

I am all for conservation, forest managment and taking care of our Forest, Desert, Dunes and Wildlife. I hate what these groups are doing, I hate more the morons in our own community that give us a bad name. You all know exactly what I mean here. This is why I started COORE (Council Of Outdoor Recreational Enthusiasts)
PLease check my Profile for the URL

I believe at COORE we can promote each others sites, draw more people to sites like this as well as educate not just ourselves but the non riding public and break down those walls that separate all the Outdoor Enthusiasts busting the myths. I believe we can do this by joining forces together and support the BRC with then jest a $20 check once a year.

What say you Get this site to Join COORE and be a Supporter. Coore is not intended to be a replacement for this web site no it is an enhancement, one that can draw attention to your site and others looking for info, real FACTUAL TRUTHFUL information about Land Access and legislation being passed.

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
JWL, I agree with some of what you said, I agree that few, very few have a clue as to what is going on; far to many take the attitude that someone else is going to take care of it.

I do disagree with the splinter groups however, groups like the AMA and BRC are all well and good, but they are not the ones you want to count on for local issues.CORVA,ORBA,ASA,SDORC, all 3 districts (37,37,& 38 ) and others are all under one Umbrella now, that umbrella will become more appearent as time goes on and the impact has been huge already, kinda like the Earth Justice of the offroad community.

Prior to 05 I would agree that we were the most disfunctional mess you ever saw, but that is not the case now, it's all organized under one mouth piece.

Creating yet another pro offroad activist group is not the answer, getting behind what we have and building strength is the route to take

jwl

Jan 25, 2005
I do disagree with the splinter groups however, groups like the AMA and BRC are all well and good, but they are not the ones you want to count on for local issues.CORVA,ORBA,ASA,SDORC, all 3 districts (37,37,& 38 ) and others are all under one Umbrella now, that umbrella will become more appearent as time goes on and the impact has been huge already, kinda like the Earth Justice of the offroad community.

I believe we are in agreement here, by no means did I try to make the assumption that the BRC and the AMA are our heros. both the AMA and the BRC have made some pretty stupid decisions on our behalf. Dont even get me started on the AMA :think: The buckling of the Red sticker issue was a blunder by the BRC. The recent caving in on the Clear Creek Issue is a blunder on the BRC, People raised good money to fight the action at CCMA and yet the Greens along with the BLM still foo-foo'd the reality and truth. I am not blaming the BRC, I blame us Because we are splintered and divided. I do agree that the smaller groups as you mentioned are becoming more and more vocal and involved.

The intent of COORE is to bring the Mountain Bikers, Snow-mobilers, Water-Skiers, Hikers, Camper, Bird Wathcers into the brother hood. These are the Splintered groups I refer to as well.

Believe it or not the world is not all Off Road Dirt Bikers ;) :ohmy:
Yes I know its a shock :yikes:

Coore is more the just a pro off road, its a pro Recreation for everyone who enjoys the Outdoors and uses the Outdoors for some sort of Relaxation. Coore is a concortium a council for all of us to come and discuss openly honestly and effectively how to reach the primary Goal we all want. Access to Our favorite Fishing hole, Camping Spot, Hiking Trail.

The US Forestry Service just ordered a EIR for the Eldorado National Forest, How are we to get the word out to Hikers, Campers, Bikers, Fishermen, Snow Sports, Skiing and such to get involved. the EIR is slated for Access and complaints of Over Crowded OHV usage areas. The Web Site has the full Article and who to contact at the federal Level on this.

if you don't act now and find out what impact you have on a EIR then the closing of TRAILS is just around the corner for everyone.

THIS is why we need Coore I don't see any site or Org trying to UNIT Web Sites, Orginizations, Manufactures or other Outdoor groups together. They are still Isolated into one Corner, Off ORad Here, Hikers There, Campers yonder and The list goes on Still pointing fingers at each other. While the Manufactures sit idly by and do what? Thats another rant :bang:

Ok Sorry
/RANT OFF
/SOAPBOX OFF

Top Bottom