Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
There were maybe 6 bikes there on Sunday, Saturday a few more.

We rode some of the sweetest, almost virgin, single track imaginable.

If you want to go, let's put together a weekend trip.

It is 2 hours from my house. A little more from the northern metromess. There are showers and toilets, and lots of places to set up camp. Gilmer is 5 miles ...

We had killer steaks at the Avinger steakhouse ... YUM!

Be warned ...

You will need a new rear knobby as there is a lots of loose sand and tree roots galore.

Speaking of trees ... cut those bars to 28 inches, it is tight.

Last but not least, there isn't more than 50 feet that is straight, so you better know how to turn.

mafols

Sponsoring Member
Nov 24, 2001
I'm game....but you know what kind of schedule I work with... :bang:

Throw out some dates and let's see what we can do. :cool:

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I'm thinking of heading the Barnwell this weekend with my three sons, as Muenster is closed. Either that, or we'll hit the Kiamichis again.

spraintz

Apr 23, 2007
hello fellas, I'm new to the sport and just picked me up a 2001 WR250F. I'm looking for some places to ride and some cool folks to ride with. What and where is BMRA?

Hope I can get to meet some of you guys soon.

spraintz

Apr 23, 2007
sorry guys, just figured it out:)

some buddies of mine were thinkin about putting together a ride for the weekend of the 19th-20th and that looks like perfect place.

sgifford

N. Texas SP
Apr 11, 2004
Jim: Unless there has been too much rain, I'm expecting to go to Barnwell Saturday with my 3 sons. We'll head there after a father/sons campout in Bonham Friday night.

I'll have Joseph with me on the 100, so I'll be taking it easy while he's riding with us. I'm trying to help him catch the riding bug!

I'll confirm this by tomorrow, but it's what I'm hoping to do.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
OK ... dates

May is toast and June isn't looking so good.

I will definitely be there the weekend of July 28th for those that want to show up.

We will be voting on the by law changes, board members and new officers.

I am the incoming president ... that can be :nod: or :bang: depending on your perspective.

I know it will be hot and humid then, but we are going to have "the grill" with us. It should be a great weekend. We will be getting there Friday evening and staying through Sunday. The meeting is noon on Saturday and we will be cooking Mark Burgers for everyone that shows up to the meeting.

mafols

Sponsoring Member
Nov 24, 2001
Well...that's my weekend off, so you just might have some company there partner. :cool:

I just may head up north for some cooler temperatures... :laugh:

I'll put it on the calender.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I have it on the calendar, Tony.

Seldon: I'm either going to Barnwell or Cross Bar Saturday, if we can get the bikes ready tonight, which shouldn't be a problem. Have to change wheel bearings in the Gasser, rig up my crankcase vent hose on the 450. It might be too wet at Barnwell, though, so Cross Bar may be a better option. I know Lust and Darrell will be at Cross Bar, so we may want to consider going there. I'll check the weather almanac for accumulated rainfall at Gilmer.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
OK; Cross Bar Ranch is closed this weekend. It's flooded. And Gilmer got 3 inches of rain Wednesday and is probably a sloppy mess. I'm heading to Talimena with my two boys. Luster and Darrel will probably accomany us. I've also invited Proxy and a group from KTMtalk that was planning to go to Barnwell.

sgifford

N. Texas SP
Apr 11, 2004
BMRA ride

A big group of us rode Barnwell Saturday. The weather was great, the trails were in good shape, and I had a great time. I'm definitely sore today from wrestling my tinker-bell XR650L through all that nice single-track!

Roger and I were mostly successful in our plan to keep anyone from passing us if we couldn't make a difficult uphill. "I'll block the right side, you block the left!". :)

Thanks everyone.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Thanks for showing us all the good stuff out there. A lot of it is pretty dang tight. I was working pretty hard with my 450, until I noticed the shock was blown. No wonder the back end was kicking so hard. Fun day, though.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Glad y'all got to enjoy a great day.

I hope y'all will consider coming out the 28th of July for the meeting and elections.

We are there all weekend and we will be riding, cooking or bench racing the entire weekend.

sgifford

N. Texas SP
Apr 11, 2004
I hope to be there on July 28.

I've got some days off this week with my kids in town for my son's high-school graduation. Assuming we don't get another deluge, we'll be going to Barnwell on Friday. Woo-hoo!

sgifford

N. Texas SP
Apr 11, 2004
I had a great time at Barnwell Friday with my sons Benjamin and Daniel. Barnwell handles rain very well. They had 2-3 inches of rain on Wednesday, and by Friday the trails were perfect. Plenty of sitting water in low spots, but you could usually avoid it if you wanted to. Other than that the trails weren't muddy or sloppy.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Cool, Seldon. I took my people to Muenster Saturday. My niece, Cameron, 15, is visiting from Florida, and she wanted to learn to ride motorcycles, so I bought a used TTR 125 for her. She caught on very quickly, and rode around for hours; most newbies, especially girls, ride for half an hour and they're done for the day. I didn't get to ride much, but that's fine. April, Mark, and Jimmy had fun. Next Saturday, back to Muenster, so Cameron can get some more miles in.

Top Bottom