Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
It's official. I just pulled this from the Husky corporate website.

BMW ACQUIRES HUSQVARNA MOTORCYCLES
20-07-2007
Agreement signed between the italian
Varese, July 20th 2007 - BMW Motorrad acquires Husqvarna brand from MV Agusta Motor SpA. Claudio Castiglioni, President of MV Agusta Motor SpA, and Herbert Diess, BMW Motorrad General Director, have signed the agreemen yesterday July 19th in Varese. The contractual agreement will come into full effect upon final approval of the EU cartel authorities. Both parties agreed that the purchase price is to remain confidential. BMW Motorrad plans to continue operating Husqvarna Motorcycles as a separate enterprise.
All development, sales and production activities, as well as the current workforce, will remain in place at its present location in Varese.

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Rich this might be a good thing I used to work on alot of huskys and parts network was a problem even though we were close to Cagiva warehouse and FBF. At the races you just couldnt borrow your buddies shifter after a crash or trade wheels between motos if you had a flat. There was a price to be paid for being different. wonder if the lawnmower/chainsaw market will be affected? BMW lawnmowers that would sell big.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Dean - It should be interesting to see what BMW brings to the party. I really like the Husky stuff so I hope this keeps them moving forward.

ToddHawaii

Apr 3, 2000
A little late finding this thread. I've owned only Huskies, still have a 73' in the garage. What direction do you guys think BMW will take this? With the introduction of the Asprilia - V-twin, fuel injection...do you think that they might take the Husky to a new level of technology? Is there any info available yet beyond the business aspects?

Thanks...

ToddHawaii

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Don't tell anyone..........I'm going to go into business making barkbusters to protect the cylinders on their boxer-motored woods bikes. :nod: I'll make a fortune...... :think:

Top Bottom