kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006
RocketRaccoon said:
We both joined this forum about the same time (3 month difference) , but you have over 1000 posts compared to my 100. Its not required that you reply to every thread posted. If you don't have accurate/helpful information , it might be better to just sit back and read. Don't get mad...I still love you :laugh:

im homeschooled, so it gets boring sometimes. i fixed it, its not worth keeping that up and i was in a hurry when i posted, like i said, i didnt have much time.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Like I said there's a lot of information out on the information super highway to read. Next time you are bored spend some time learning, it will help you in many ways.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Rich Rohrich said:
..... before posting your invaluable "opinion" of a company you know JACK about.

Don't talk trash about German bikes when Rich is around... :rotfl:

SFO

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 16, 2001
Rotax is doing a great job engineering their motors. The new 800cc twin is a beaut, it's got some huge throttle bodies and a great intake port. With a catalytic converter and totally unmolested they are getting over 80rwhp.
This could be a REAL sleeper...

peanuts

Jun 16, 2007
I thought Aprillia's V twin was the toughest looking thing on dirt... until I saw this:

tot_vore_500.jpg

:worship:

Some Fin (Krissi?) won the kings class and prologue at erzberg this year on one. Drool.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
I'm not sure about the width, at least in my area. But I am sure that that bike does well in it's kind of racing. I'm pretty sure I'd catch them valve covers between trees in the bar bangin woods we ride in. But she is a beautiful machine. Too bad I dont have an extra 20 or 30 grand and a great place to ride one!

thebleakness

Sep 19, 2006
I'd love an HP2 for the Vegas to Reno race, imagine 105hp on a 350lb bike going on a flat-ish dirt road...wow.

Off-topic but did you hear who won the scramble at Erzberg? A privateer...isn't that awesome!

peanuts

Jun 16, 2007
I didn't know that. But it is awesome! Imagine beating all those enduro heroes? Wow. Didn't look like any of those American moto-x guys were there though, like mcgrath or pastrana... or maybe they just didnt finish it... i've only seen the top 10 rankings for 07.

Rotorranch

Feb 10, 2007
There was one of the new BMW's at the Perry Mountain 24 this year. Cool looking, IMHO. I don't know where it finished, though. I wasn't sure what it was, and when looking at the pics from Perry Mountain, my kid spied the BMW sticker on the tank. I thought it was a joke, but guess it's for real.

Rotor

rerfurt

Jul 7, 2005
I sighted the BMW at our local motocross track "Nybølbanen" here in Denmark today. It was a german team riding suzuki's and BMW. The bike was in all white plastics and no stickers at all.

When asked what they were doing here, they replied "Testing!" - aparently not much for talking :-(.

One of the german team members was running around talking pictures, too bad I didn't bring my camera :-(.

kabob983

Aug 2, 2007
Last edited:

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
Will be interesting to see what their offroad product line-up looks like now that they bought Husky.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
kabob983 said:
Of course, if it's got BMW's repair record (and price for repairs) I'd steer clear.
QUOTE]

:coocoo: You're kiddin right???? :whoa:

That's one of the good things about BMW. They rarely need repairs. Super high quality and excellent materials. I had a R100RT that I sold with over 100,000 miles on it and the guy I sold it to sold it at 250,000 miles. Not too many vehicles besides diesel trucks will go that far. All that was ever done to the bike was a valve job. My current BMW is a R1100RTP and has about 65,000 miles. Just getting broke-in. :nod:

That is a very cool lil' tracker Wes. Ron Woods does excellent work. :cool:

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Ol'89r said:
That is a very cool lil' tracker Wes. Ron Woods does excellent work. :cool:
I thought it was kinda cool, wish I had more to do with it than posting the pictures. :) By the way, I ended up getting that R1150R in Phoenix. I'm not much of a street guy yet but that thing is putting a grin on my face even now. I can't believe how much fun it is to ride. Dare I say "I love it".

Attachments

• R1150R.jpg
    R1150R.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 162
Top Bottom