XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
from Motorcycle Daily
http://www.motorcycledaily.com/24april07_bmw_g450.htm

042407top.jpg

This is an official BMW photo of its all-new G450 Enduro machine that has been competing (under stealth) recently in off-road events.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
A very Pred-like steed ;) I think Vic should be sent out to pasture when this becomes available.

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006
Okiewan said:
How can you possibly say that? You have the inside scoop on how good this bike is going to be?

BMW( as far as i know) has zero experience in off-road machines, but they have had some experience in street bikes, but thats not the point. the Big 5 put a lot of focus into their 450's, and BMW is mainly a car manufacturer, they probably didnt detail every little bit like the other big companies do.

on the close up in the link, it does seem to have a good-looking engine( im just saying that cause it has lots of wires running into the pipe :) ).

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Pretty nice! But that front fender takes some getting used-to.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
kawicam250 said:
BMW( as far as i know) has zero experience in off-road machines,

I guess that just goes to show what you "really" know. :rotfl:

You should stop typing NOW before you expose yourself as a complete fool.

Time for a history lesson junior.

http://www.bmwworld.com/racing/dakar/y2k.htm

http://www.dakar.com/2007/DAK/presentation/us/r1_7-historique.html

Dakar Rally 1999
BMW won the motorcycle class with Richard Sainct, 14 years after Gaston Rahier, and Renault won with Jean- Louis Schlesser, 17 years after
the Marreau brothers.

There is plenty of BMW off-road motorcycle info dating back about 60 years if you would have bothered to do a simple Google SEARCH before posting your invaluable "opinion" of a company you know JACK about. Given your history out here I guess that's too much to expect.

Someone really wise once told me "Read more , talk less" . It was good advice 35 years ago and it still is. ;)

Last edited:

thebleakness

Sep 19, 2006
kawicam250 said:
BMW( as far as i know) has zero experience in off-road machines, but they have had some experience in street bikes, but thats not the point. the Big 5 put a lot of focus into their 450's, and BMW is mainly a car manufacturer, they probably didnt detail every little bit like the other big companies do.

on the close up in the link, it does seem to have a good-looking engine( im just saying that cause it has lots of wires running into the pipe :) ).
Zero experience with off-road machines? Hah, they've been making dual sport machines much longer than you've been alive. Have you not seen their G650X or the HP2? IIRC the HP2 won or was one of the best finishers at the Erzberg enduro last year. You've been living under a rock because BMW started manufacturing motorcycles before any of the other big 5 companies, they just havent been as focused on MX as the "big 5".

I would guess the price based on the G650 and HP2 to be around 7-8k but then again, it's only a guess. So otherwise, wayyyy to much for me to afford! haha ;)

EDIT: I guess I spent too long typing this, Rich beat me too it. :nener:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Rich Rohrich said:
Someone really wise once told me "Read more , talk less" . It was good advice 35 years ago and it still is. ;)
as Stuart Scott would say:

BOO-YA!

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Yeah, Rich beat me to it as well. BMW. Bikes. Damn fine machines. Too bad I won't be able to afford one in the near future.

thebleakness

Sep 19, 2006
Well it seems that this has been floating around for some time already.... http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224951&highlight=G450

I read all 14 pages (I have no life...) and this thing sounds amazing. CS on the swing-arm pivot which eliminates the chain slack, clutch on the crankshaft etc.

For those of you who dont want to read through all 14 pages here's some of the good stuff...
Video :cool: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZcqEqUzIAY
Artical with high reso pictures - http://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles...tests-new-concept-in-competition-ar32913.html

I'm in love. :rotfl:

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
So, when are they going to make a 2-stroke?

At least BMW has a pretty solid dealership presence in the USA, even better than KTM. It should make getting parts relatively easy, once you get past the BMW price tag.

Bakemono

Apr 21, 2007
kawicam250 said:

BMW is known for making great off-road bikes and they have a history of success in long-distance enduro racing.

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
Saw a guy riding a BMW 1150cc bike on our local vintage MX track (no jumps). Supprisingly, it was able to put a lot of power down coming off the turns. I guess those 6" wide knobbies help.

adam_co

Apr 16, 2007
Zero experience with off-road machines? Hah, they've been making dual sport machines much longer than you've been alive

just what i was about to say mate.

i think this is a great bike and i really like it, i rekon it would be a pleasure to ride and that would be a great offroader thats just my opinion

RedBull

Viva La Revolucion!
Nov 14, 2001
Also i read somewhere that BMW and husky are possibly forming up bmw is getting a lil worried at the size of ktm here and overseas. And that bike is bad! I want to make one into a supermoto bike :nod:

RedBull

Viva La Revolucion!
Nov 14, 2001
after seeing those movies i guess thats why its under a husky tent

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I believe BMW is in discussions with MV Agusta to purchase Husqvarna? I seem to recall seeing this a couple months ago someplace.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
kawicam250 said:
im not even 15 y/o, do you honestly think i know
How about just prefacing everything you post with that? I think it would help us understand your perspective much better and those that are not aware of your limited practical experience will have a precursor to what they are about to waste their time reading. Another suggestion is "Google" or any other search engine. There is vast amounts of information out there for you to read and hopefully learn from, then you might actually know that the BMW logo that sort of looks like a spinning propeller is that way for a reason beside believing yuppies think it looks cool.

RocketRaccoon

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 7, 2006
kawicam250 said:
i said "as far as i know", just goes to show you how some people go out of their way to expose others without trying to look into their point of view. im not even 15 y/o, do you honestly think i know BMW as a manufacturer for off-road vehicles? i know that theyve made dual-sport motorcycles. im not going to continue this, i dont have the time that some, like you, do to waste people.

We both joined this forum about the same time (3 month difference) , but you have over 1000 posts compared to my 100. Its not required that you reply to every thread posted. If you don't have accurate/helpful information , it might be better to just sit back and read. Don't get mad...I still love you :laugh:

Top Bottom