bmx racing

powerT

Mar 21, 2007
I see a pic. on the home page of a bmx racer :cool: . We race bmx also how many other on here race? WE live on the east cost so we many do nbl nat. but some ABA. We ride for nbl power hbr

2smokers

Mar 25, 2006
I race ABA here in BC canada, but its starting to seem boring after riding dirt bikes and I may not renew my membership this year.

sixds

Mar 25, 2007
you know thats how Jeremy Mcgrath started out? when he was like 10 he was owning bmx racing

sixds

Mar 25, 2007
when he was like 12 or 13 and was getting big into racing dirt bikes. read jeremy mcgrath wide open. best book ive ever read.

Mar 16, 2007
what do you think would be best to cross train motocross with? bmx or like that downhill mountainbiking type stuff? I have an old bmx bike, and found a track thats close to my house. until my bike is fixed I want to try and hit the bmx track for fun.

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
Cross-country and BMX riding would help you way more than downhill will. Cross-country is good for cardio and leg strength while BMX is really good for jumping technique and a little bit of fitness. Downhill mountain bikers are usually not in that great of shape in comparison with other bikers as you rarely have to pedal. It's more based on rider skill, balls and some strength to muscle the bikes around.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…