Apr 7, 2008
Does anyone know where i can get a full set of screws that hold on body panels. All the bolts holding my rear fender keep falling out and i have to resort to screws that are different sizes. Also, can you order directly from N-Style and One Industries or do you have to purchase their stuff from a dealer.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Yep.. Flange Bolts..

They sell a couple different kits. One of Euro bikes and one for Jap bikes.. Plus they come in different sizes.. It's never a bad idea to have a good selection of extra bolts around, they tend to fall out from time to time.

Oh.. Yeah, people seem to think Im some sort of know it all.. Not really. Just know a few things, namely where to find answers to easy questions.

I'll leave the really hard stuff to Rich. ;)

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Loctite medium strength (blue)

96speed

Dec 10, 2006
Pickout one bolt from each position and head to your hardware store. They are going to be flanged metric bolts, and you should grab at least 4 of each length. Store the excess in a tackle box and keep it in your gear bag.

You don't need to spend 15-25 bucks for a "kit" when all you need its the right size of metric bolt from a local hardware store like Sears or Home Depot. Most of your body pandels are going to be an m6 thread.

Ryan

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
96speed said:
Pickout one bolt from each position and head to your hardware store. They are going to be flanged metric bolts, and you should grab at least 4 of each length. Store the excess in a tackle box and keep it in your gear bag.

You don't need to spend 15-25 bucks for a "kit" when all you need its the right size of metric bolt from a local hardware store like Sears or Home Depot. Most of your body pandels are going to be an m6 thread.

Ryan

Yah, don't bother with the kit. Most local hardware stores will have what you need. Blue locktite is a good idea too.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Loctite is a liquid that you can find at almost any auto parts store. Put a drop or two on the threads before install. It provides enough resistance that your bolts won't come loose anymore. Make sure it's the blue liquid though (med strength) the red liquid stuff (high strength) is for "apply heat to remove."

Top Bottom