Ocracing

Feb 12, 2001
Hey guys..

Recently I have been going to the track every weekend which is great.. and I can hit every jump on the track.. but the thing is, my friend says that I always keep my legs straight on the pegs in the air, and don't bend my knees.

Is this a bad form? What should I do when I bend my knees more? That seems uncomfortable!?

Also, when I notice that my front end it high going over a jump... the next lap, should I lean more forward with my head even more over the bars to hit the lip?

Thanks very much!

Curt :)

CRGuy

Posts Too Much
Nov 14, 2000
If you keep your leg's completly strait you can hurt your nee's. I like to keep a little bend in them to absorb some of the landing force.
If you hit the lip with more wieght on the front you will get a seat bounce type thing only on the front. The next time around I would keep regular form but I would let the throttle go just a little bit as the front leave's the lip.
But then again you could A. put your body over the front of the bike in the air to help bring the front down or B. you can hit the rear brake.
If you do B then you would need to grab the clutch so the engine does not stall.
CRG

monkeybutt

Jun 12, 2001
Bend the knees.When your front is high ,are you hitting the jump wide open and using your body to controll the flight or are you gassing/accelerating up the face?If you are gassing it up the face you need to lean forward more.When you first try this don't over lean(dont want to endo).

Ocracing

Feb 12, 2001
Got it covered!

Thanks guys for all your reponses.

I went to the track yesterday, and a friend told me some techniques, as well as myself remembering what you said here...

I was busting out safetly..

Curt :)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom