Mar 16, 2007
when i ride my bike it runs fine until i open it wide up. than it starts to bog would be the best way to describe it. like im nit giving it gas but i have it wide open. it kinda surges too as im doing it full throttle like it does it intermittenly. if i keep the rpm in the mid range and shift gears early and keep it at half throtle theres no problem?? :think:

i cleaned the spark plug also but that didnt fix it.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Sounds like what happened to me this past spring.. I had done some work on the bike, and apparently didn't get the main jet tight enough. It backed out and was sitting in the drain cup.. ran great until WOT, then did exactly what you are describing.

Just take a 17mm to the drain on your floatbowl. See if the main is where it's supposed to be.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Step one,read your plug. Step two,read all you can on jetting. Third and most important,get a manual! Once you have done it,it will become second nature. It is much more pleasurable riding a bike without issues and throttle response!

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
Not every problem is caused by jetting. Sometimes, or usually, these kinds of problems are plugged jets. Nothing needs to be changed, it just needs to be cleaned. If I had a bike that ran fine before and then started bogging at full throttle, I would first suspect a plugged main jet in the carb. After that, I would suspect a bad spark plug. If a new plug didn't fix it, I would lean on a bad coil or plug wire(expensive to replace so I would just test with a known good one). Of course, if I pulled the carb, I would pull the carb boot and check the reeds while it was out.

Mar 16, 2007
the bolt that holds my rear shock in place came off, so i was putting in a new one, and it was kind of hard so i used a crow bar to pin it in place while i shoved the bolt thru. this knocked the airbox barely off the carb. not much to really notice unless u take a close look. but it was enuff to mess up the air flow.i cleaned the spark plug and a bunch of other crap before i said oh look thats off the carb. its always the dumb little things that screw u up tho right :laugh:

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
Your bike has a removable subframe. Remove the seat, the rubber boot on the muffler, loosen the hose clamp on the air box side of the carb, pull the 3 bolts that hold the subframe on, and then remove the subframe. All of the sudden, EVERYTHING on the bike will be so much easier to accecs. Everything from the carb to the shock.

Top Bottom