xcracer72

Uhhh...
May 28, 2006
Okay here goes....

This weekend I installed my newly rebuilt rear shock, throttle cable,an all new clutch (inner outer hubs, basket, plates etc), and ringed the piston. I get to the race sunday and it fired just fine so i let it warm up for five minutes or so. It never really "peaked" in the rpm range, almost like it was getting too much fuel. So over the course of the next five or ten minutes it finally got to the point where it would no stay running. The only thingI can think of is that when I was assembling the carb I dropped the slide and bent the needle. Thinking that bending it back would be good enough I finished the process. I have had a discussion with a friend of mine about this and he feels that it is the result of the bike getting too much fuel down low and essentially fouling the plug. Your thoughts are appreciated

BTW the bike was ripping at the top :ride:

nmcam12345

Jan 29, 2005
cheak ur float on ur carb see if the bolw is sticking or the jet it gunked spery some carb cleaner in try ro clean with small tooth brush to get gunk out.... if ur bike rips at the top end try ur valve spring and all the parts to get the gunk out off there

Top Bottom