SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
I know this isn't in Idaho, but the Little Pend Oreille Riding Area (25 miles East of Colville, Washington) is awesome. I went there yesterday and the trails were unbelievable!!!!

endoquest

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 4, 2000
Go to the Sawtooth Nat. Forest! I just got back from a week at Baumgartner Campground. It's an hour and a half north of Mountain Home. Some of the best hardcore trailriding/racing I've done, ever. Get a map from the ranger station and try to find some locals. I wish I lived in Idaho.

weaselcircus

Jan 5, 2001
There's lots of pretty good trails around Boise. South is the Owhyee's, with tons of desert-type trails. East is the Black Canyon/Danskin mtn's area, with miles and miles of tight single-track trails. You can also head to Emmett, where there is a small offroad park right outside town. Or you can even hit the foothills that edge up to Boise for some nice rides too.

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
Im pretty much a Desert guy. I spend the fall, winter and spring riding out by Murphy in the Owhyee desert. I spend most the summer doing the moto thing at Chaperall MX or Little Gem. I do have some property north of McCall that has some awsome trails that seem to never get dusty. Most of the riding I do up there is to get to my favorite fishing hole, but I do have a few loops that are really really cool. As a matter fact I took Darrell Shultz (former 500 cc MX champ) on a loop up there it was really cool. Talk about riding with someone out of my league....

FireDawg75

Jan 10, 2002
I was stationed there myself(Mtn. Home AFB Fire Department from 95-98). Get yourself a USFS map and head up HWY 20 towards Anderson Ranch Reservoir. There's a ton of trails up there. However, I must warn you that a YZ125 is not the machine to have in the Idaho Mtns. Better gear it down to the nuts before you even think about it. ;)

KX kid!

Apr 11, 2001
don't go to the mountains on a 125 you'll be screwed. trust me i witness it first hand all the time that is where my dad likes to ride.

Last edited:

xtdave

Apr 30, 2001
Hey 380EXCman, can you really ride the Owhyees in the winter? I may be relocating to the Nampa/Caldwell area in a few months and the prospect of riding one day and snowboarding Bogus the next is very appealing!!

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
Oh yes. The riding is best out there from the end of October to the middle of April. I have a few buddies that snowmobile in the winters and ride in the summers. A few have given up the snowmobile thing because the season is so short and you have to travel a little bit. You can ride year round here and you are never more than 20 minutes from some good riding.

My brother does the same thing. He will ride one day and snowboard the next. Bogus is awsome. Its a 5 star ski area and they have a $199.00 season pass sale every year. They are steadily upgrading. The last couple years they have been replacing their conventional chairs with high-speed-quads..

dave186

Sponsoring Member
Nov 19, 2001
actually you can ride snowmobiles in the Owyhees too, there is a lot of land out there.

You can ride from the Murphy area up to Silver City and get a mix of desert and some not too tight single track. the only thing is, the place attracts rednecks on quads like crazy, you have to watch out for them or they will run you over. seriously! :eek:

dont get used to riding desert in the winter if you ever want to race, aint no desert races in the winter. ya gotta learn to like the dust and heat.

dont forget about the Pleasant valley track, its there, but thats about all i know. oh, and Clay peak out by Payette, there is a track, but somebody really needs to start taking care of it. in fact there is a team hare scramble out there this weekend.

xtdave

Apr 30, 2001
:yeehaw: Hey, it IS going down. I'll be moving out after the first or the year. It would be great if a few of you Boise area locals would drop me a line at co_100guy@yahoo.com so I can catch up with some new riding buddies.
I'm looking at the Caldwell/Middleton/Nampa area for a home base, and may come out next week for a look-see. Thanks.

Top Bottom