georgieboy

Jan 2, 2001
Hi dirtriders,
i have made myself a flywheelweight of 11 oz since here in europe there ain't no steahly's for the huskie cr125.
But now i want to bolt this weight on with 6 m5 bolts.
I have drilled the rivets out on the kokusan magneto/flywheel and want to bolt the whole lot together. I use extra strong bolts and my question is, does anybody have done this and found this is a safe way to go?
I know that steahly cranks the weights on.
So i am making a solid connection. Any comments on this?
Hopefully like: yes no problem. The weight won't fly off etc ;)

TM-Frank

Dec 15, 2000
Why in hell did you do that? A different nut to hold the magneto wheel would have been all you needed.
But since you already drilled out the rivets that doesn't matter anyway. Bolt it together and hope for the best. I think it will pobably hold up provided you use qualtity bolts and nuts, the correct torque and maybe Loctite.
Check that your construction runs true and doesn't wobble around. I think it would be best to test that on a lathe before running it in your engine.

You don't have much of a choice now anyway, because the magneto wheel isn't available seperately. You have to buy a complete ignition with stator plate and magneto wheel.

georgieboy

Jan 2, 2001
Thx Frank, for yr bold and honest reply. :)
How is germany nowadays for offroad riding, still allmost impossible?
Well, the wobbling wldnot be a problem, since the extra weight is centered over de magneto. The different nut was an option to make, but wld have cost me extra and money is a rare thing with me. Offcourse i am looking at extra strength bolts, and i will use loctite and a torc wrench to finish it off nicely.
We don't want that flywheel to come off when the engine has a seizure, do we :laugh:
One guy made some bets of the distance the extra weight wld fling off when my motor has a seizure. He went for 123,56meters. I bet less.
Btw, i am not the only one who is bolting extra weights. I saw zip-ty do it also with only 4 screws. It is the yz250f flywheel bolt on. I am using 6 bolts ;)

TM-Frank

Dec 15, 2000
Too many Green Party guys around here if you ask me. We have a pretty large sand pit where the owner lets us ride on his property.
Pretty often we drive to Bilstain/Belgium which is about an hour away from my place.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom