Sandjunky

Feb 3, 2004
Title/Author/Category

ie. Angels & Demons/ Dan Brown/ Mystery

I just finished Angels & Demons by Dan Brown (already read Davinci Code). I have 10 weeks to pass in a hotel on a business trip so I need some good ones. Thanks

psalm3124

Apr 21, 2005
For non-fiction these three have been beneficial and interesting to me.

The Gideon's usually put one in the drawer that I've heard is pretty good.

Crucial Conversations, Patterson et al. McGraw Hill

The Life You've Always Wanted, Ortberg

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
psalm3124 said:
The Gideon's usually put one in the drawer that I've heard is pretty good.

The gideon's wrote the PHONE BOOK? :p

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
Any novels in the Dirk Pitt series by Clive Cussler are good reading if you enjoy adventure novels. Shock Wave is probably my favorite of the series.

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
I like Science Fiction and Fantasy, Their are a couple with a lot of books in a series. Be good for 10 weeks! Jordan, Goodkind, Fiest, and Brooks all have a lot in 1 series.

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
bsmith said:
I like Science Fiction and Fantasy, Their are a couple with a lot of books in a series. Be good for 10 weeks! Jordan, Goodkind, Fiest, and Brooks all have a lot in 1 series.

Goodkind is great!

If you like sports books, anything by John Feinstein is well written and interesting. I think he could write about cleaning toilets and make it interesting.

C

CaNaDiAn,Eh?

SpeedyManiac said:
Any novels in the Dirk Pitt series by Clive Cussler are good reading if you enjoy adventure novels. Shock Wave is probably my favorite of the series.

Shock Wave was my favorite to, that is a good series.

RedStreak

Feb 19, 2006
Well if you like fantasy here are my two all time favs:

Lord of the Rings(series)/JRR Tolkien/Fantasy
Chronicles of Narnia(series)/CS Lewis/Fantasy

DA BEST BOOKS

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Ive heard that ANgels and Demons is good, im going tonight too pick up the Davinci Code.. :)

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
RedStreak said:
Well if you like fantasy here are my two all time favs:

Lord of the Rings(series)/JRR Tolkien/Fantasy
Chronicles of Narnia(series)/CS Lewis/Fantasy

DA BEST BOOKS

Geez I didn't even think of those - some of my favs as well!

Other C.S. Lewis stuff is excellent as well.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Rich Rohrich said:
he did say non-fiction

I'm plodding through some Heinlein; Crichton has some fast reads; if you like fantasy, Eragon and Eldest by Paolini; anything by Clancy is good, but my favorite is Rainbow Six.

psalm3124

Apr 21, 2005
Rich Rohrich said:

One time I was so bored I did read the phone book. Learned the Hiemlich (sp?) manuever in there. Two weeks later a lady was choking and I did it on her. Piece of grizzle came out of her throat and landed on my hand . . . GROSS! :yikes: But I meant the other book :cool:

Other recommendations:
Blackhawk Down
official biographies of presidents

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Another good book too read is 'Blood on the Risors" about a soldier in the 173rd during Vietnam..

I also read "American Terrorist Timothy McVeigh and the OKC Bombing" by Lou Michael and Dan Herbeck.. That was a tough read :(

Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
check out angelina jolie's book,, notes from my travels... she talks about the stuff she saw in africa and places like that,, they have it bad over there.....
stay away from "quotations from alan greenspan",, worst book i ever read....
the early vampire books by anne rice are good.

you could also get you a little dvd player to watch in the airport.

Sandjunky

Feb 3, 2004
Thanks Guys! I'm reading Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, written by David Michaels. Its a quick read to break the monatony, but I have to say that it isn't the best written book. I'm used to Dan Brown's novels now so I think they may be hard to beat.
I've got Dan Brown's Deception Point to read next. At this rate I think I'll have a book finished about every two days. It is nice to get the time to read for a change. I geuss that is one good thing about staying in a hotel in a new city.

Top Bottom