simmeth

Jul 18, 2008
So i'm in need of a good pair of boots. Only looking to spend like $100 - $150 tops. How are the 2010 Shift Racing Combat Boots? I kinda like the steel toe in it. Any better suggestions? Pros/Cons of diff boots?

Thanks

Apr 30, 2007
Check clearance sections on websites like MXSOUTH. If you buy last year's boots (or even models that are 2 years old), you have a way better selection on quality for your price range. Combat boots are on the lower end of the quality scale as far as I've read. They are a good boot, and will protect you, but not to the extent of some higher end boots.

I would guess that they are probably equivelant with Alpinestars' Tech 3, which is more of an entry level boot. I would also say that you should check fitment before you buy. Check out the boots at your local dealer, and see which brand feels like it gives the most protection (something that fits your foot may not fit your ankle or leg). Then see what's available in your price range online.

Mar 18, 2006
Thor quadrants are really good for the price. Not real protective, but no cheap boots are. I know of some Fox boots that fell apart and also some Tech 3's that were not very durable.

LEllis7motox

Jan 28, 2008
I would go with some Thor Quadrants or the Tech 3's. I purchased my thor quadrants for $150 and there pretty comfortable. The protection is not as good as it could be but for the price its worth it. I tried on the Fly boots and the shift boots and they were very uncomfortable to me (the $100 boots).

Top Bottom