WhiteBros426

Feb 12, 2004
Hey guyz....after almost a year of screwing around, it's finally time to break down and buy some new boots.....my old MSR System 6's have fallen apart (sole falling off, broken buckle, ect.) I've been looking around in stores, and dealerships trying on numerous brands of boots....so far i came up with nothing i liked as much as my MSR's....My boots have ALOT of flex Up/Down/Left/Right which led me to a bad ankle injury a few months back.. :ugg: ..also, what I like about my current boots is that i can feel the pegs, brake, shifter....and i can shift easily due to the ease of flex and low/small profile of the tip of the boot...I would like to find a boot with the qualities listed above, minus the left to right flex....Like I said, i tried many boots on and couldn't get comfortable in any of them....Here's what I tried on....

Alpinestar Tech 8 -> Didn't like bootie, or bulk :|
Alpinestar Tech 6 -> Tall toe profile :|
Fox Forma Pro -> Tall profile, but not as much as T6, felt pretty comfortable

What Im now considering with my new found knowlage, is the:

Gaerne SG-10 -> Can't find anywhere to try on :bang:
Fox Forma Pro -> Tried as mentioned above
Sidi Flex Force TA -> Heard was thick around the ankle section?

What i need is for someone to compare any of these three sets of boots, in the areas of comfort, flexablilty, profile of toe section, ease of feeling shifter/brake/pegs and break-in times.....I know its alot to ask, and I thank you all in advance for your time, but please, someone help a fellow rider (whose in desperate need of new boots) out...thanks again SOOOO MUCHHH..... Pete :yeehaw:

Last edited:
Top Bottom