Drtbke1210

Apr 6, 2004
hi, i am currently wearing the oneal hardwear boots and the oneal sl 812 helmet. I have heard many bad things and few good things about my boots and many people have never heard of this helmet. i am not very satisfied with my boots and helmet. i was thinking about gettin new boots and a helmet boots i was hoping to spend 200-250 or less than 200 if its like a closeout and for a helmet i was thinkin about spendin about 250-350. if anyone has a comment about my helmey please tell me because i've never heard of it.

every input is sarced.

thanks, eric

BTW: i have a size small head and a size 10 shoe, i'm 15 years old

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
My favorite helemet is my HJG AC-X1. I believe the helmet has been updated (AC-X2) since I bought mine.

It is very light and comfortable. I will be sorry when I have to retire this one.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Question: do YOU like your helmet and boots? If the answer is yes, who gives a crap what your friends like or have heard of, really.

If you like the way the helmet looks and fits, keep it. I’d only replace it if it is damaged or has suffered a significant crash. In fact, a $120 helmet that fits well is safer than a $300 helmet that isn't quite right.

O'Neal makes/markets good quality equipment for riders on a budget (you did say you are 15, right?). I'm quite sure that O'Neal helmets and boots are simply re-badged from other manufacturers. It just seems silly to spend $400 to $500 to make your friends happy.

But I'm a dad, so what do I know :)

slodsm

Jul 20, 2004
I have to agree, sometimes gear is downed for not being the "in" thing. I also ride a lot of street and everyone is on an Alpinestars kick right now. I prefer Joe Rocket and have been wearing it for a long time. I refuse to go spend another 400 bucks on a new leather jacket to keep up with the joneses when my JR gear is well broken in, still looks nice and fits great.

Just because no one has heard of it does not make it a bad brand. Oneal would not put their name on garbage, I would bet on it.

SpectraSVT

Apr 17, 2002
Nobody's noggin is the same so your best bet is to find a helmet that fits your noggin the best. I tried on a $400 Arai and ended up leaving with a $150 Fly Lite 2. It fit my head better than the Arai. Go to a local store and start trying on some helmets. Try on everything! I even tried on a $70 helmet and it felt better than some of the $200-300 helmets. You just never know.

Top Bottom