copyguy

Dec 9, 1999
Hey, do you gals wear the same boots as the guys? I'm assuming so, since I can't locate any for girls. How do they fit and how much do you "adjust" for girls vs. mens sizing. I thought the rule of thumb was women would wear 1 1/2 sizes smaller in men's shoes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

altagirl

~SPONSOR~
Mar 17, 2003
Usually the rule of thumb is 1 1/2 sizes down, but my Fox Forma Pro boots are 2 sizes down (I wear a women's 10 and the Fox 8 fit really well.) I'm not aware of any women's specific boots - as far as I know if the adult mens versions don't go small enough, women with small feet wind up wearing kids boots. Usually the biggest problem with women wearing mens boots is that women's calves can be bigger, but I found that the models that accomodate knee braces or shin guards left plenty of room for both my calves and shin guards. Best bet is for her to go and try a bunch on and see what works.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Most of us make do with what we can. If your feet are really small there are kids' sizes but I wouldn't recommend them. I believe Alpinestar goes down to a size 5 mens.

Sizes are funny. I wear a 7 1/2 in women's but my Formas were a size 6, and my new Sidis are a size 7. I wear really thick socks though.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
I have small feet and tend to stick to the children's boots. I have Thor YT20 boots....they leave enough room for thick socks, and knee pads. But, I also have very skinny legs...

I don't recommend the kids boots though because you have to buy your knee pads based on the boot rather than being able to use pretty much any pads you want. I have to use Moose knee pads because they're all that fit in my boots.

RacerChic26

May 8, 2003
I have tiny feet (size 6 women's) and I ride with the smallest size of AlpineStars Tech 8's- (I think they come down to size 5 men's) And they fit me great. I think AlpineStars might also run a little smaller than most boots, because I tried on a pair of Thors in a size 5 and they were a little big. So if you have small feet (or not) AlpineStars are gonna be your best bet-unless you're tight on cash.

HGilliam

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
My wife found the Sidi Miniforce to work best for her height [5'0"]. They are shorter than small men's sizes and don't interfere with knee guards. They also have longer straps available. www.motonation.com

toolman

Top Bottom