Boots for the ladies foot and size cross match??

Hawaii-Rider

Feb 24, 2001
Greetings all...
Just purchased my better 1/2 a CRF230. She loves it to tears, and her first dirt bike!
that happy button makes her day with her being a beginner rider!
Need to get her a good set of boots, she is in it for the long haul so want to get a good comfy boot, hopefully without a ton of break in...
Good friend of mine recommended I look hard at the Alpinestar Vector...
thoughts...?
Also, anyone seen any mens to womens chart that cross reference boot sizes?
Motonation has one for their SIDIs but they run large....
thanx in advance...
and yes I am totally lucky to have a partner that loves to share this sport with me!
WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO

HR

Pegasus

~SPONSOR~
Jan 31, 2001
I wear 8 ladies think my boots are mens 7.. I have Alpinestar Tech 6's, they are the best fit for me. I suggest her trying as many boots as she can.. they all feel a little different. Keeping in mind quality of coarse.. and COMFORT.. Wouldnt buy a pair that other then stiff ... my tooties didnt feel good in right off. Tromp around the store for awhile.
Congrats to you and you and "better 1/2" :-)

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I wear a 7 1/2 in ladies, and my Fox boots are a size 6. But in the Apinestars I tried on, I think I had to go a little bigger--definitely in the Tech 8, can't remember about the Vector. I think the Vector is more true to size.

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
I wear a 5-1/2 to 6 in ladies shoes, but I had to go with children's sized Fox boot. I tried to find the size, but it's worn off.

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
I like the AXO RC5's Karl gave me for my birthday. They were not nearly as stiff and hard to break in as my Tech 8's were.

In fact, I wore them around for a couple hours at camp then used them for the club ride the next day and never had a problem. They are not as heavy as the Tech 8's but I feel the protection is as good. The RC5's are still in the upper price range but not as bad as the 8's.

Haven't tried the Tech 6's but have heard good things about them.

Size really does vary by boot manufacturer and style too. Usually, a woman's size is equal to about 2 size smaller mens size. Women's 10 = Mens 8. But you may want to go up a bit more if she wants a little more room for heavy socks, I wear a women's 10 but my AXO's are a mens 9.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
I wear a 7.5-8 in womens Nike tennis shoes. I wear a 5 in Tech 8's but with the insole removed and the top of the bootie slit open so they fit better. A 6 might have been better with a little room to spare but my 5's are perfect. I had a pair of Fox Formas too and those were a 7 with room to spare.

Best bet is to find a shop that stocks boots and try them on. If you're looking at Vectors, might as well look at the Tech 6 too. Same price, but two totally different boots. Again, if she could try on both then decide... that would be the best way to go.

Well congrats on the new bike... bet you guys will have a ton of fun riding together!

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
An old boot salesman says that in the mid-upper range of ladies sizes, say 7 up, there is about one size difference between mens and ladies sizes--ie 8 ladies needs 7 mens. Try them on every manufacturer and model will be different.

HGilliam

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
You didn't say how tall she is and that makes a difference as to which boot she should look at. My wife is 5'0" tall and found the men's sizes that fit her foot to be too tall on her leg. She found the Sidi Mini Cross to be the best boot that fit around her "atheletic" calves but weren't too tall to work with knee guards. Before these she tried Alpine Stars Tech6's but they weren't comfortable because of height. She did order the optional long boot straps for the Sidi's. Just trying to point out that there is more than just foot fitting.

Toolman :thumb:

wayneg

~SPONSOR~
Aug 29, 2001
You can also get them in a size 41 which works out to a men's size 7 or womens 9.5. They're a lot shorter than normal MX boots and much more comfortable, with a nice non-slip sole which is nice for grovelling in the mud. ;)

Hawaii-Rider

Feb 24, 2001
Very kewl....the Trials boots look great! I run the SIDIs and love mine...
She is tall about 5'10" and a long narrow foot, which is tough to find womens shoes for, but we can get a mans no problem.
Awesome ideas....not a lot of places around Olympia that stock boots, so the opportunity to try a bunch on is limited at best, thus the question and everyone on this threads experiance and insight!...bottom line, invaluable and thanks a ton!

In fact with her height, I have to get a taller bar and I am looking at also mounting thumper racing's raised bar mount as well.....she is way hunched over when standing up....not good...

thanx all!

HR

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
I have Tech-8s in a size 8... I wear a 9 in women's, usually. Sometimes I can get away with an 8.5. :confused:

Hawaii-Rider

Feb 24, 2001
Did some serious booot shopping for the Wife....she loved the Tech 6s more than any other boot....tried a bunch on...so we have a new pair of black T-6s at the house!
thanx all......time for more ridin....

HR

Top Bottom