angst2

May 24, 2001
The wife is buying me boots for christmass. These are at about the top of the price range so tech 8's are out of the question.
So should I get tech 6's or Vectors? or is there another brand besides A.S. that I should be considering.
The Vectors seem to be more comfortable but the Tech 6's seem to be more support.
gotta decide fast so she can order em.
help
Eric Z

angst2

May 24, 2001
Never mind. I tried a forum search with different keywords and it looks like this exact topic has come up many times. From what Ive read I am leaning toward the Tech6's. Seems like the Vectors have the comfort but not the support. I found more durability issues posted about Vectors in the forum search than other A.S. models.
thanks
ERic Z

_SOLO_

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 15, 2000
I have just under a year on my Vector's and I don't think durability is a problem. The only real wear is from the footpegs, brake, and shifter. My griptape has done some wear on the inside of them too but it only did it up until a certain amount of the plastic was rubbed. From then on it has stayed the same. They feel like walking in tennis shoes and they keep my feet nice and cool. For support I would say they they are definitly behind the Tech 8's, but I am not sure about the Tech 6's. The only times they have felt like they needed more protection was from hitting big rocks that drag your foot backwards and bend your ankle, compared to my old M3's though it is alot better. They have a pretty hard, thick, sole as well and it feels different than previous boots I have worn, but when you get used to it they feel great.

Hope that helps and answers any questions you may have about the Vector's.

SFO

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 16, 2001
I have Vectors and the new Fox Forma pro's.
I like the Formas more because of the added support and taller OA height.
I have seen some screaming deals on Vectors lately though....

B

biglou

I never got a chance to wear any SIDI's, but they look nice. Replacable sole looks like a great option. That said, I got a smokin' deal on my Tech 6's (less than $195). I like them very much. Super strong protection compared to my old M4's. Sole stiffness only took me about 5 minutes to get used to.

MelloYello

~SPONSOR~
Nov 22, 2002
I just recently bought the new SIDI Vortex boots. Coming off of Vectors, these new boots are definitely stiffer and offer more support. After a few rides in them, they have broken in nicely and I can ride all day without thinking about them. I would say they are almost as comfortable as the Vectors, but I like them more for the extra protection they offer. Plus, they look cool. ;)

MikeS

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 12, 2000
Just got Vectors since for my big calves my choices are limited. Lower overall height helps with a 29" inseam too.

They are comfortable. As far as support ???? Compared to the cheapy Thor & Oneals I had they are light years ahead. I tried on Tech ^ and they felt OK but did not ride with them.

DAVE C

Dec 21, 2001
My Tech 6's are a god send! They saved my left ankle from a sure fracture on the first ride. I will never own another set of boots. I prefer them over the Tech 8's b/c of price and having to deal with the booties. I have never gotten a single blister or have any problems with sweating with the 6's. It truly seems that these boots were designed to fit my feet with unbelievable precision. Probably one of the best single investments that I have made in years. My 6's are also holding up to a heck of a lot of abuse to boot (hehe). Two thumbs up (three if I had an extra).

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom