RMZRyder

Dec 1, 2006
Just recovering from a fib tib fracture and I will be buying new boots cause the emt'scut my Gearne's off of me :bang: , needless to say Im willing to sacrifice comfort for the highest level of protection, what boot do I get this time. Anyone have a pair of the new Scott's?

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
RMZRyder said:
the emt'scut my Gearne's off of me
In '95 I shredded my ankle. While laying in the mud waiting for a quad to haul me out, the first thing I thought was......I need to get my boots off before my foot swells :whoa: Check out some Sidi's, good stuff.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
I just switched over to some SG10 Carbon Pro's, nice boots. I wore some Alpine Star Tech 8's for about 5 years.

Boonie770

Jan 2, 2006
Oxtar

I have been really active all my life. Most of my time when I was younger was spend on the soccer field. So I knew my ankles were not the tightest. I really like my Oxtar's the thing I liked the most was that the built in stops that keep you from turning an ankle too far. I must say there was little to no break-in also they felt great right outta the box. I feel they were definately worth the money and would buy another pay in a heart beat. I just wish that they could have protected against a compression fracture. My talas the ball on top of your foot in the ankle joint, splint my tibia, the socket joint of the ankle, no fibia or tendon damage. Which I feel was protected by the boots. Just the weight of my body on a flat landing. Prolly a little longer then you wanted but I hope it helps. They advertise that the Scotts are to help cushion against what happen to me, but I would try to find out about the ankle support in them. If they offer both let me know how they work.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I have a pair of Sidi Crossfire SRS's on order and can let you know what I think when I get them. My dealership is frustrated with them because they keep screwing up the order but I hear it should be worth the wait.

The SRS sole is stiff for hard landings and is completely replaceable. Also the ankle joint only lets your foot flex in its natural motion. I have a friend that has some and swears by them for the level of protection and comfort.

RMZRyder

Dec 1, 2006
I am willing to sacrifice some comfort for top of the line protection. I like the sidi's also, is the level of protection there?

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
They actually ARE comfortable, as long as you don't plan on walking. Hinge limits ankle to only up/down movement.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I rode with my Sidi Crossfires yesterday and loved them. They are by far the most comfortable boots from the moment you put them on. I didn't have to break them in at all and they felt like an old friend. They are not bad to walk in either.

I kept hearing that the soles are stiff and it would take time to get used to but I could feel the brake and shifter better than with my Tech 8's. The buckles are easy to adjust and the work very smoothly.

The only complaint I have is that I had to adjust the calf opening and when I did it left a lip on the boot that catches the plastic on the frame of the bike. It was more of a nuisance than a problem but I squeeze the bike with my boots and it really noticed it when going off jumps that I had to move back on the bike.

It's a bit pricey but well worth the comfort and extra protection.

KaTy M

Aug 1, 2007
hey there! I just bought a pair of tech 6's on **** used, but in great shape for $100 and a pair of tech 8's with booties for $120 also in great shape so u might wanna try looking there. I want the Sidi crossfires really bad with the hinges real pricey though! Birthdays coming up so we'll see! I'd trying to find womens mx pants that are lowrise, anyone know which are the lowest?! Cannot STAND pants that go up to my boobs!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!

Apr 30, 2007
KaTy M said:
I'd trying to find womens mx pants that are lowrise, anyone know which are the lowest?! Cannot STAND pants that go up to my boobs!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!

I have women's fox 180s - they seem to be okayish in that department... However, I haven't tried any other brands yet...

Steve St.Laurent

Mi. Trail Riders
Feb 6, 2006
I LOVE my Sidi crossfires and I've taken some MAJOR hits with them. Back in April I folded my foot completely under the peg on tree root sticking out of the side of the trail. I thought for sure my foot was going to be completely crushed. I didn't break anything although I did have severe bruising. I am QUITE sure that my foot would have been crushed in a lesser boot.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom