LEllis7motox

Jan 28, 2008
I need new boots and i was wondering what some of your opinions are for which to get... I hear the SG10's are good boots but i dont know anything else... I am looking to spend $100-$250... Thanks any input would be nice.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
If you can get some SG10s for 250 bucks get em. On a budget, a friend of mine has Thor Quadrants and likes them. Obviously they aren't as comfortable as the Gearnes, but they're a third the price. Do you have somewhere you can go slip some on?

J-man

May 16, 2007
i got a set of thor quadrants last year and they are pretty nice. Saved my ankle alot of times. they were i think $125, and i think they are pretty comforatable.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
I have an older set of Fox Formas. They aren't exactly the best things out there. The buckles are cheap and they're pretty stiff, inside and out. Not sure about the newer ones.

Mar 18, 2006
Buy the best boots you can. My SG10's are really nice boots for sure. The Thor Quadrants are a miracle for the price, but they are nothing compared to a high end boot.

sparkysakitas

~SPONSOR~
Aug 31, 2005
i wear the tech 8 and they are great solid feeling plenty of support etc and comfy with the booties. i tried on the tech 7'sand also liked the fit and feel (wide feet) they just did not have my size when i went to get them so i went with the tech 8's

LEllis7motox

Jan 28, 2008
1. Are tech 3's 4's or 5's better?

2. Ok well sorry but i'm gonna go with either the 2009 Thor Quadrants http://www.motocrossgiant.com/Thor_Quadrant_Boots_p/3410-0499pu.htm or the tech 3-5 i dont know which is best cuz the 3's are 2007 the 4's were 2006 but these http://www.motocrossgiant.com/Alpinestars_Tech_3_AT_Boot_p/3410-0314pu.htm

What would you think?? I am liking the thor Quadrants better for one there new 2009 and a excellent price and therefor newer technology probably im not sure about the tech 3's

**Edit** Whats concerning me is the price of the Quadrants... Cheap and and like most of you say "You get what you pay for"... I just want to know what you would choose from the tech's or a 2009 thor quadrant like in the link above... How are the buckles on those boots too? My boots now have 2 broken buckles.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2006
We have some tech 3's and some quadrants around here (son's, not mine). Many folks around here have the quadrants. The quadrant is a durable, low cost boot with conventional sole construction. They are a good buy. However, my son said they are not as comfortable as his tech 3's. The tech 3's have the more recent, glue-on soles. They have shown damage to the inside edge of the right toe due to imprecise placement on brake pedal. This did not happen with the older sole construction on the quadrants. They are both good boots for the money. Treat the buckles with care and they will not break. If you are still growing, these are a good choice. Once your feet have grown, buy the best boots possible(gaerne and sidi have been making boots a long time, and it shows). They will last longer and be more comfortable and more protective the whole time. :)

Mar 18, 2006
2006 quadrants, 2007 (2008?) tech 3's. I was in the shop a while ago and looked at both. The quadrants are holding up better than the tech 3's IMO.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
What size do you wear? I have a used pair of tech 8's that you can have. They are still in fairly good shape. Email me.

Top Bottom