Dirtjunkie85

Mar 2, 2010
I'm looking into getting some new riding boots. I was given an older pair of Alpinestars Tech 5's which have treated me well. They are getting pretty warn out so I've been looking into getting a new pair. I'm looking for a little bit of feed back. In your opinion/experience what would be a good boot to purchase? I've been looking at Alpinestars Tech 7, Garne SG-12, and Sidi Crossefire.
I've heard Tech 10's are really good as well. I have a buddy who has a pair of the SG-12's and he says they hurt his ankles because they squeeze them so tight. I'm just browsing as of now so any input would really help. Thanks!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Those are all good boots. You need to get to a shop and try them on.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Astar buckles seem to be giving a couple of people that I know fits lately, 1 wears Tech7 the other Tech10. I like the Gaerne boot and personally wear the SG10. These are hands down the best boots that I have ever put on my feet. My son (14yo) is the Tech7 wearer, he has always preferred Astar boots, but he usually needs help getting the buckles lined up and snapped into place. I did not mention ths Sidi boots because i have zero experience with them.

If you are lucky enough to have a shop that stocks the better quality boots, do try them on for fit. If not, there are a few threads around here about boots to keep you reading.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
On my second pair of Sidis, the first ones I had (TAs, the first 'pivot' boot) lasted me eight years of a LOT of riding/racing! I now have their next model, the Force. Good boots, but I get much better feel with the sewed-on soul model and not the SRS. Haven't tried the Crossfires. Sizing seems to run large, I wear a 10 normally, but my Sidis are 9&1/2 and fit well with thick socks.

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
I thought Apenstars where great for many years but not anymore. I bought my son a pair of tech 7s back in the summer they are history already. You need a hammer to fasten the buckles and a screw driver to get them loose. They split around the ankle area way to soon. The header melts the plastic all though maybe not the boots fault. Foot pegs have destroyed the soles.
My other son has a pair of SG10"s, by far a much better boot. From what I can tell and the people I've talked to Gaerne and Sidi are the way to go hands down.

Top Bottom