KenR

Feb 20, 2002
I've been riding in Alpinestars M6's for quite some time - I think I'm on my third pair. They're a very comfortable boot, easy to break in and walk around in because they're soft. I've torn 'em all on the right foot instep (on the peg while kick starting). They're also a good value, but my next pair will be Tech 8's for the added stiffness and protection.

Came across this interesting article about boots:

http://www.teamorthopedics.com/boots.html

GeoffM24

~SPONSOR~
Jan 19, 2003
After reading all the posts here it seemed like Alpinestars, O'neal Hardware, and maybe some AXO's were the way to go.

I bought a pair of brand new MSR System X boots which are made by Alpinestars at bob's cycle for $139!!!! These boots are way more almost everywhere else ($229 at Alba Action, $170 on CLOSE OUT at MX south for example). They are very supportive, comfortable and well made.

I have a buddy who just bought some Fox Forma Comps and sent them back after the reviews we read here. He bought some Tech 6's that are great boots too.

The two are very similiar and his cost almost $100 more and the maker is the same and the quality level appears to be the same.

Are the Alpinestars $100 better???

Jackpiner57

~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
I know I open myself up to much ridicule, but here goes.
I started riding again after a 22 year layoff.
I was concerned about spending too much money,so I bought a new KDX200, Thor Pants and jersey, a helmet ,Fox roost deflector Etc.
As for boots, I bought the Thor T20's. I put them on and were very comfotable! I am fussy about things being comfy and was really surprised because I had been told that I should buy something more like the Alpinestars. Anyway, I've gone down more times than I'd like to admit,(and broke a couple of ribs) but the boots have protected me well.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
I cased a big double in Thor T-20's and suffered a Hawkins-III talus neck fracture/disclocation that damn near ruined my life. Didn't seem to have much more ankle support than irrigation boots :laugh: , so after I healed up (circa 7 months) I tried SIDI's. Much better "apparent" ankle support, for whatever that's worth.

Top Bottom