Feint Drift

Oct 27, 2003
Originally posted by BJH
Torn between Alpinestars Tech 6 and Gaerne RX2. Has anyone had both? I can't afford Tech 8 or SG1.

Check this thread out I already went through the same thing (I went Gaerne RX2 Love em)..... http://dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?threadid=87511

CZ511

Mar 2, 2003
Great post, I am also looking to buy the Tech 6 or the RX2's. I have found the Tech 6 for as low as $179.00 but since I now hear the RX2's run wider, (My foot has a high instep and is wide) the RX2 may be for me. Any boot suggestions for my high instep and wide foot? Buying ski boots is always a chore! Thanks.

BJH

Nov 9, 2003
Ya I've found Tech 6's for $179 too. But I've also found RX2's for $189. Too close on price to worry about it. I'm just more concerned about which is the better boot.
I've been looking at some Sidis as well. Too bad their web page sucks. Can't really learn about their features.

DENNY

Nov 24, 1999
I have Alpine Star Tech 5 and Gaerne SG1, both are excelent boots but my next pair will be Alpine Star. I where the soles out in 2 years and I've replaced the soles on my Gaerne boots twice at a cost of $60 each time. The Alpine Star soles have a replacable arch and you can change it yourself saving lots of money. Another thing to consider is if you have a wide or narrow foot. Gaerne makes a much narrower boot that Alpine Star.

Top Bottom