Mar 16, 2007
Im thinking of boring my 125 but Im not sure how much bigger I should go. I remember reading in a thread that you could probably bore it out to 150cc? is that the biggest you can go. or the biggest/safest you can go. what would you guys recomend I do if I would like to bore my bike?

griffbones

Sep 12, 2006
Have Eric do a 144cc for you, that way you can use an off the shelf Wiseco piston when it is time to freshen it up, not high dollar custom stuff. just my .02

Mar 16, 2007
makes sense. is going 144cc too much though? I would like to go as big as possible but still be as safe as possible. I heard if you go to big it can cause problems like warping the head or something along those lines?

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
Call Eric Gorr and talk about it. Some of the CR's will only allow 134 overbores from what I recall. . .

As far as 144s go, no motor troubles with mine in about 1/2 season of riding.

rpm12505

~SPONSOR~
Sep 25, 2005
HubertGarfunkleIII said:
hate to sound dumb. :coocoo: ..but whos eric gorr and how do I contact him? :think:

Eric Gorr is the man. He' the best at this, as well as the best value, a very rare combination these days. He modified my sons RM early this year and he's back in the top 5 again. (mx/sx amateur class) In contrast a friend of ours spent 3 times as much on the same bike with lesser results. ( in bike performance, that is )
P.S. he's also been doing this since before you were born.

Top Bottom